When I place a call or receive a call, all I get is silence.
Korellis01

I received my Samsung Galaxy s 4 today and I found that when I placed or received a call, I would pick it up or the the other party would and neither of us could hear the other.  About one in a dozen calls could be heard and when I restarted the device, a call could be made and heard; but soon, it would be the same thing all over again.  The same thing happened in Safe Mode and I've attempted many troubleshooting techniques like checking the SIM card and such. but nothing is working.  Any advice?

0 Likes
Re: When I place a call or receive a call, all I get is silence.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Korellis01! I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing these issues with your phone! When did this trouble begin? How long have you had the phone? Did you recently go through a software update? Is this happening only in one particular location/zip code? Please let us know and we'll be happy to help you further! Thanks!  KristieQ_VZW  Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Korellis01

The trouble began the moment I attempted to place the first called after I had received the decide on Wednesday March 18th. It probably updated after I activated the device and it happens in every area/zip code I've been which has been approximately four.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for all the information Korellis01. Are the issues occurring inside or outside? How is data working on your device? Are you using any 3rd party calling applications that could possibly have issues with the functionality of the phone? Did you purchase your phone from a store, online or via phone call? How long have you had your device?  KInquana_VZW Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
0 Likes
Steve_longley

I Had this problem when I blue toothed my phone. I ended up resolving my issue with the Google now app and turning off "ok Google" feature from all screens in that app settings. MY not be the same but sounds just like mine. Had to reboot the phone to call or hear a call.

0 Likes
Korellis01

Have you not read the last two posts where I've said that I had received my device March 18th?  Data is working well, I am not using any third party calling applications, and I purchased my device online.  I don't understand what you mean by "are the issues occurring inside or out".

0 Likes
Korellis01

@Steve.longley: When I restart or reboot my device, I can place a call immediately after it boots up; but then it goes back to the silence. 😕  I turned off the Ok Google and restarted the phone, but it still went silent after about a minute.  I do appreciate the help.

0 Likes
Korellis01

I have actually turned off Ok Google and I have the lastest firmware.  I've attempted multiple tip and tricks; but I have not replaced the SIM card or have tests run by Verizon.  Those two are getting done tomorrow.  The device, itself, works wonderfully save for the call silence.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Korellis01,  Sorry for any confusion! That's never our goal. What we mean by inside or out is does it occur both indoors and when you use the phone outside? Is it the same if you try the phone in speaker mode or using a Bluetooth speaker?  AndrewT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
0 Likes
Korellis01

Its all the same with speaker, bluetooth, and indoors and out.

0 Likes