What is stopping me from adding my wife's phone?
Donaldlehmkuhl
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife has a newer Samsung S9. She purchased the phone out right while she was living in Canada and is now getting ready to move down to the states.

While trying to set her up with a plan the Verizon store said her phone was not compatible and would require replacement. When I insert my sim card into her phone everything seems to work just fine. I feel like they are just trying to get us to purchase a new phone. Neither of us are willing to drop 900 dollars another new phone when this one is so new. Is there a work around for this ? Or maybe does someone have a little more insight into why they might be telling me this ? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is stopping me from adding my wife's phone?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

What is the exact model number of the phone. Verizon uses band 13 as it's main LTE bands an is required for VoLTE. I don't think Canada uses band 13.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Donaldlehmkuhl, we'd certainly like your wife to be able to use her new Samsung S9 on the Verizon network. Congrats to her on its recent purchase. I'm sorry to hear that she has been advised that her device is not compatible with the Verizon network. Our store agents are very thorough while checking to see if a device is compatible with our network by viewing the Device ID/IMEI numbers from the phone. You also have the option to check by visiting our website at https://www.verizonwireless.com/onedp/byod#/?cmp=SOC-C-HQ-DAD-S-AC-NONE-BYOD150MCSWITCH-2S0OW0-OW-P-.... We'd also provide a free Verizon SIM Card for our customer's devices that are compatible with our network. You can view the Device ID/IMEI numbers from her S9 by following the steps provided at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216735/. I hope this helps. - RobertC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

"everything seems to work fine", how about billing from verizon.

if you're not willing to buy a new phone, keep your indivual plans.

0 Likes