What is my network security key and how do I reset it?
realokie

Windows asks for network security key when trying to use S5 as hot spot. What or where is it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Want to use as a hot spot. Windows is asking for network security key. What is that?
rcschnoor
Legend

Go into your settings menu for the hotspot and you can change it to whatever you would like.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Want to use as a hot spot. Windows is asking for network security key. What is that?
rcschnoor
Legend

It is the password for your hotspot. You set this when you set up the hotspot.

0 Likes
realokie

How do I reset it. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Go into your settings menu for the hotspot and you can change it to whatever you would like.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

realokie, we want you to be able to use your hot spot. We are here to provide support. What is the full make and model of your phone? The security key is the password for the hot spot connection.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Galaxy9

Galaxy note 9

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming the make and model, Galaxy9. Please click on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-216688/ and refer to “Configure Mobile Hotspot” and you will see the steps to view the password (security key). Does this help? 

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes