What do I do about battery loss on SIII Mini?
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday I noticed my phone was having severe battery drainage.  After 7 hours on battery my phone went from 100% to 36%.  Everything was working fine but I have no idea why all of a sudden it started draining like that.

I checked the battery usage and at first it seemed like the e-mail app was the problem.  Then things shifted and the Android system was using a lot of battery.  I'm up for a new phone in December so I really don't want to buy a new battery but if that's my only option, I guess I'll do it.

At 8:11 am my phone was at 100%.  Now at 9:45 am I'm down to 73%.  That's 27% over an hour and a half and I'm not using it other than to have it sit on my desk.  The power cord is relatively new - Verizon gave me a new one back in May, so I don't think it's a charging issue - this is also backed up by the fact that it charges just as quickly as it did before the major battery drain.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Major Battery Drainage on SIII Mini - What do I do?
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

The battery and e-mail things started Thursday.  I erased the data for the e-mail app and reset the account.  Now it syncs and there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Although this will probably sound odd - I uninstalled one app before I reset the e-mail app.  Now the battery takes a long time to drain.  Odd kind of problem I know but I've never had the battery last as long as it does now.  So now I'm wondering if the battery monitor isn't working right.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm now positive that there is something wrong with my e-mail.   It refuses to sync and the battery is still getting sucked dry.  😞  Any thoughts anyone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amanda D,

Help is our middle name & you have come to the right place. Let's get energized again! Over the past few days or week, have you by chance downloaded any new apps? Do you  know if there is any physical or liquid damage to the phone? Have you been using your phone any differently over the past day or so? When did your email problem start to happen?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

The battery and e-mail things started Thursday.  I erased the data for the e-mail app and reset the account.  Now it syncs and there doesn't seem to be a problem.

Although this will probably sound odd - I uninstalled one app before I reset the e-mail app.  Now the battery takes a long time to drain.  Odd kind of problem I know but I've never had the battery last as long as it does now.  So now I'm wondering if the battery monitor isn't working right.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amanda D.,

I am overjoyed to hear that your email is now syncing and your battery is not draining as quickly as it was. Having a device that you can use and depend on as needed is very important. I can assure you that your battery lasting long is a great thing. Due to the fact that you email was not syncing it could definitely have affected your battery draining as quickly as it was before. Now that the email concern is resolved it has allowed your battery to function as it properly should.

To clarify, even though your battery is taking a while to drain, do you have any issues with the device powering offer prior to the device battery completely draining?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't let it completely drain down to the bottom.  Other than the slow battery drain there is nothing else happening.  I'll let it drain as low as I can and see if it does anything weird.

Thanks for the assist.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
cutepanda86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, I let it drain down to 20% and it warned me to start charging the phone but no weird powering off on its own or anything like that.  I guess it's fixed? 

0 Likes