What are my options?
NoOneSlug

Ever since I update the software on my S5 in the spring of 2015, I have had multiple problems with my phone.  Screen freezes up, constantly shutting off and rebooting several time a day, apps stopping, battery randomly getting hot and draining rapidly, having to remove the battery and re-install to get it to come on, etc....   The phone worked perfectly without any issues until I updated it at Verizon's request.  What are my options?  It is only 1 year old.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What are my options?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you attempted anything? A factory reset would be my suggestion being that it has so many problems.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you attempted anything? A factory reset would be my suggestion being that it has so many problems.

0 Likes
KristenOtt
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine has been doing the same thing!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Have you factory reset? Under settings>battery what are the top 3 uses and their %?

0 Likes
NoOneSlug

I have wiped the cache partition, used the Software Assistant, and done a factory reset.  The battery use is Android system 4%, all others are very low, less than 3%.  I have another company phone which is a S5.  Did not do the software upgrade last spring and has absolutely no issues.  This leads me to believe it is something in the latest upgrade causing all of this.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I had to factory reset my S5 twice; once with app data restore turned off and when my battery drain issue wasn't resolved, I did it once more, but left the app restore turned on.

That was a few months ago and so far so good.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KristenOtt,

Let’s work together to get your device working flawlessly once again. How long has this been a concern for? What exactly is happening? What patterns have you noticed?

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NoOneSlug

As I stated in my original post.  Ever since the last system update this phone has been a constant problem.  I have another S5 (company phone) which I did not update.  It has absolutely no problems.  It has shutdown and rebooted 12 times in the last hour.  The screen is filled with apps stopped working notices.  It doesn't even give me enough time between notices to manually shut it down.  I have to remove the battery to do that.  Periodically the battery will begin to warm up and it will start all of this all over again.  It may go for two or three days without many problems and then start this crap again.  I have wiped the cache, Reset to factory, performed the software upgrade assistant, and the software repair assistant.  It has done no good to date.

I strongly feel this is a Verizon issue since it was your update that started all of this.  If you bought a car from me and I was performing routine maintenance on it and ruined your car, you would expect me to repair it or replace it at no cost.

I AM SICK OF THIS.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NoOneSlug,

Yikes, having your phone reset 12 times is not normal for any phone.  It certainly alarming to hear. We appreciate all the troubleshooting you have completed in efforts to get this corrected.  When you perform the Factory Reset, are you installing the games right away? How frequent in between  Factory Resets are having these issues?

YareliMM_VZW
FolVZW us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer�Answer� under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes