Re: Update to Android 5.0.1?
SWOLH

My S4 keeps trying to do this update and each time the update fails.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

0 Likes
paulmz
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update will fail if the device is rooted.

0 Likes
SWOLH

Thank you.  How do I get the phone to stop putting up the notification that there's an update? 

0 Likes
paulmz
Enthusiast - Level 3

You're going to need to Google that. If we talk anymore about rooting,[Removed]. Try searching on XDA.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SWOLH

thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SWOLH, it's important to us that you have the best experience possible on your device. Software updates will remove bugs and implement new features on your phone. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when the update fails? Do you get an error message when the update fails? If so, what does that error message say?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
techdude99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon does not publish detailed updates, only general information.

For those that want to upgrade over the air (OTA) and are getting the 403 error, download the Verizon Upgrade Assistant for your PC or Mac (if available,) attach your phone and it will force the update when you select upgrade.

Please note that you will lose Root. 

I hope this helps!

0 Likes