WeChat app update issue
enigman300

Why does WeChat ask to update but Verizon lists it as an unknown app?  It actually requires me to go into my settings and agree that I take all liability for any problems it causes with my data (paraphrasing) if I allow it to install an unknown app.  When I go into the Google Play Store it doesn't even show the WeChat app as requiring an update.  What is the difference between and unknown app and a simple update?  This all seems very suspicious.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WeChat app update issue
bearone21
Legend

the play store provides the apps, not responsible if wechat has most current update.

0 Likes
Re: WeChat app update issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello enigman300! We're sorry to read that you're having trouble with one of the apps on the Play Store. The difference is that approved apps are tested to work on our devices and by Google. Unknown source apps are the one that you can't find or are not verify by Google in the play store. Depending on how you install the app, it may be unknown if it's not the correct version for your phone. We would recommend reaching out to the app developer. You can do that by searching the app in the Play Store and then scroll down. We hope this information helps.  

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes