We were given the information to do a BOGO deal on the S7, but now it's asking for a bar code...
smedinger

Last month, we decided to go to Verizon and get the new S7 as well (one for each of us). The person at the store told us there was a BOGO free deal, and he gave us the promo code and site to go to. We are finally getting around to doing it, but the site is asking for the bar codes (IMEI and UPC) in order to process. Since they unboxed everything at the store for us (since we were porting over from old phone services), we don't recall ever getting anything that had a bar code/UPC. How can we get this to process the deal? No one there told us we would need anything other than the site and the agreement showing we bought the phones.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: We were given the information to do a BOGO deal on the S7, but now it's asking for a bar code...
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even if they unboxed the phones, and you walked out with the new phones in hand, you *should* have received the original packaging, chargers, literature, and possibly earbuds still in the box. 

0 Likes
Re: We were given the information to do a BOGO deal on the S7, but now it's asking for a bar code...
rulethedroid
Contributor - Level 1

Why would you not keep the boxes and original materials?  That's absolutely necessary when buying anything like this that may need to be returned.  Anyhow, the IMEI is found in the phone settings - about phone.  The UPC isn't specific to your phone, just that model, so it should be easy to get the UPC from another identical phone still in the box.  Or ask here in a separate thread for someone with that same phone to post the UPC.  When I submitted for the rebate, it actually had to be a scan of the actual panel on the box with all the bar codes, serial number, upc, etc.  I don't know if they will allow you to submit without the actual scan of the box and just submit using the information itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

smedinger-

Congratulations on the new phones, we are so excited to have you in the Verizon family. I definitely want to make sure that you are recieve that awesome promotion. The IMEI number is found in the settings of your phone; however the UPC is printed on the box that the phone comes in. I understand you mentioned that they unboxed the phone at the store. Do you happen to still have the box the phone came in by chance?

AmberK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you can't, the sales person gave you some bogus info.

verizon employees know the label is required..

rebates have required the label(not a pic of the label) for years(i sent it in for $50 on my new s5, 2+ years ago).& as you found out,, it's required to bogo or any ind of rebate..

to not take the box, paperwork, etc sounds fishy.

fwiw:

just about any phone can be ported to a new carrier, doesn't nee to be purchasd new.

0 Likes