Want to change share everything plan, but have a conundrum.
Hiker_Dude

I went into a Verizon store a couple of months ago to buy a smartphone. First time dealing with Verizon so they ask me what I am looking for and what kind of data I want to be allowed. After telling them what I wanted (unlimited talk and text, 1GB of data) they offer, "Since you are signing for a 2 year contract we have a promotion going on that you can get a free tablet (Elipsis) and 1GB of data per month for life." I thought, "Hey sounds good" right? So I went with that deal. I got a S4 with 1GB and the tablet on the share everything plan for $90 a month. After a a couple of months I saw my tablet used roughly a total of 10MB in those two months. So I decided I really didn't need it. I decided then to drop my data down to 250MB a month and still keep my 1 GB, so I thought. By selecting that I was informed I would lose my data promotion. Ok, Let's see what else I can do. I call Verizon to see about their single line plans for 1GB. They said if I wanted to go that route I would have to pay $165 for an early termination fee for the tablet line. So now I am left to either lose my data promotion for the tablet and still end up paying the $10 a month line fee, or pay $165 to cancel that line to get the single line plan. I don't see how how I can be charged the termination fee for a device I was given for free along with the data and for them to take away the promotional data because I want to lower the data on my share everything plan. The single line plan I am looking at is $60 a month and to drop the data on my share everything plan along with the 1Gb promotional data it would come to $65 (If I was allowed to do that). Seems kind of unfair to me.

0 Likes
Re: Want to change share everything plan, but have a conundrum.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hiker_Dude, we want you to take advantage of the best deals on our network. The tablet device was offered for free with a two year agreement. Do you remember signing the two year contractual agreement? Additionally, a letter confirmation was also sent to your billing address that confirmed these changes on your account, as well. As a result, if you cancel that line before the contract expires, the Early Termination fee would be valid.

Is there any other particular reason why you no longer want the tablet? Do you know of anyone that would be willing to assume responsibility of that line. http://vz.to/1tqix6n We offer other MORE Everything plans that will fit your needs http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes