Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
umfanec
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have visual voicemail and anytime I hit play and then put the phone to my ear to listen to the message the message pauses.  The only way for me to listen to the voicemail is to put it on speaker phone.  Anybody know a fix to this?

Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@umfanec

That’s strange. Let’s see what we can do to improve your experience with your Samsung device.

Which model Samsung are you using, the Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge or the Galaxy S6 Edge+? When you place your device to your ear, does the screen go black or is it still lit? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
darkley15

I have the Samsung Galaxy S7.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the message pause each time you try to listen can certainly make this difficult darkley15. Let's make sure we get this working normally for you. Does this happen when you are on regular phone calls as well? Does this same sort of thing happen with any other apps when you hold it to your face?

NicoleB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tylerdurden8us
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it only happens when trying to listen to a voicemail. It's no lock screen enabled. The only time that ever happens is when listening to a voicemail, and you put the phone up to your ear and the screen goes black and the voicemail pauses. I can't find a solution to this anywhere!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tylerdurden8us-

We're not giving up! I have sent you a message to your community inbox so we can keep at this. Can you please respond there so we can provide more personalized support?

AmberK_VZW

0 Likes
ville27
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started having the same issue today after my Note 5 was upgraded to Nougat. I never had this problem before today.

BobC1373
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this problem worth the voicemail pausing on my s6.   Did you find a solution?

jed9340
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+

notbitter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy s7.

0 Likes