Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
traceywashere
Enthusiast - Level 1

same here ... i was coming to post i'm fixed! tried it last night. and just tried it again. boink. nothing.

then tried again. and it works.

closed all running apps .. tried again .. boink .. brokey.

SOMETHING NEW:

as i look at my phone .. it actually seems that when it works the phone senses that it's up against my ear and the screen turns OFF, the times it doesn't the pull down menu pops up, or the voicemail window flips horizontal (depending on the angle i hold my phone at)  -- it seems to be when the phone screen actually stays ON - and acts like i'm touching it or flipping it.

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interested to hear if yours is still working RickBeatty.  Mine worked for a bit, but now does not again.  I went to listen to a saved voicemail and boom, issue is back and happens everywhere in the Verizon Voicemail app again now.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems to be still working ok for me on my SGS7. I have restarted my phone and it's still working.

I don't want to declare victory yet because others are still having the problem. I don't use my voice mail a lot so maybe I'm just running on luck.

0 Likes
MARCUR94
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated Samsung Pay to the latest version (on my Samsung S6, it's version 2.7.13 dated 6/30/17), and so far Verizon Voicemail is working without the frustrating pauses and stops that have been plaguing me for months.  Just to note, Samsung Pay didn't automatically update on my phone despite having auto updates turned on in the Google Play store--I had to open the Samsung Pay app, click the 3 vertical dots at the top right corner, choose Settings, scroll down to the very bottom to "About Samsung Pay", then check the version number and click the Update button to get the latest update.  Once I installed the update and restarted the phone, I've been able to use the Samsung Pay app, including Favorite Cards and using the Lock screen and Home screen, without incident so far.  Fingers crossed. 

0 Likes
DKP89MN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, I thought it was working for a while too, but as soon as I switched folders (inbox/deleted) a couple times and listened to a few different messages, the problem popped right back up again.

0 Likes
SHEDEE123

Same issue here...Galaxy S6. It just started happening today.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SHEDEE123, we always want to make it as easy as possible for you to check your voicemail. We do see that this issue was confirmed by Samsung and has since been resolved by their new software update that has started rolling out as of July 31, 2017. Please check your device to make sure your software is up to date. The newest software version is NRD90M.N920VVRU3CQF3. You can check for an update by following these instructions: http://vz.to/2wuSPVj

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
SHEDEE123

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for your response. After searching through support at the Verizon website, I couldn't figure out what my software version is. I ran a system update just now and it came back that everything was updated. I couldn't find the software version, but this is what I could find on my phone: Baseband version G920VVRS4DQE1, Kernel version 3.10.61, Build number NRD90M.G920VVRS4DQE1

As I said before, the message I get from my phone is that everything is updated and I can't find anything that shows NRD90M.N92-VVRU3CQF3. Help?! Thanks!

Sheila [removed]

[removed]

Personal Information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for verifying this for us. Your software version hasn't been updated. It rolls out in stages until it becomes freely available. This link provides the most current versions available per device:http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/.  BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BREOSB27

Hi. Not sure if this issue was ever resolved, but I have had the problem now for awhile...most of you had newer phones with different versions...mine is 6.01 which I believe is Marshmellow.

You see, I still have my Galaxy Note 4. I do not have Samsung Pay anywhere on my phone. I keep my lock screen unlocked all the time.

I didn't always have this problem, so perhaps it was a recent Verizon upgrade that started the problem. I checked and had 2 recent Verizon updates...May 31 and August 8...I am thinking the last update did something to cause the problem of the voice mail stopping when held to ear.

Any ideas on this and has there been a resolution. Thanks

0 Likes