Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
tialoc

This is such an idiotic problem to have. Reading through this thread and reading the responses from Verizon Support make me embarrassed to admit I work in the technology field.

I am not only a new Verizon customer (came over from Sprint). I am also a new S8+ owner. Sprint is guilty of this kind of idiocy too. I think all carriers are. It takes a certain number of whomps to the head before they realize that an application patch is what is needed and that all the system resets and reboots in the world will not fix this.

Hopefully Verizon can come up with a patch sooner rather than later on, what seems to be, an easy fix. To some customers their phone is their life AND their job. And some people work for companies that require a high level of security so while I am happy you can turn off your security settings and it works for you it does not mean it is a viable or even acceptable fix for everyone.

I like Chanfam 's suggestion of using a different VM app. I had kind of thought we were tied to the VM app by carrier but I guess that is not so. I will be looking for a different VM app until this is resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tialoc,

We know being able to count on every facet of your phone is a big deal. I want to make sure you can do so. So we can fully assist you I have sent you a PM. Please respond when you're able to.

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BOMPUS
Enthusiast - Level 2

For those still having the issue, it still has not been resolved by Verizon + Samsung development teams.

The issue is either with Verizon's custom android firmware, Visual Voicemail Code, Samsung Pay, or all of the above. The fact that people using other voicemail apps such as YouMail are having the same issue, who knows.

The current resolution is one of the following:

1. Uninstall/disable Samsung Pay. If you completely uninstall it, it will remove your cards, so it is kind of a pain.

2. Use YouMail, but you have to go into settings and tell it to leave screen on / do not turn off screen.

3. Switch to a phone that is not a Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, or S8, or switch carriers from Verizon, but you'd have to switch your phone as well if it is indeed a problem with the VZW android firmware.

I'm completely amazed at the lack of customer service at Verizon. If you waste your time reading through the 17 pages of this thread so far, you'll see the complete lack of research by most, but not all VZW support member that has posted. I'm seriously considering cancelling my service with Verizon and going elsewhere, as customer service has gone downhill each year that I've been a customer, which is about 17 years now.

For the trouble I've been through with this and another very annoying issue, I think VZW should seriously consider crediting our accounts for our wasted time and/or providing a credit toward purchasing a new device that does not have this issue.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your note...

All of the facts together suggest the issue is worth the Verizon version of Android. It is 100% Verizon. Yet... No big surprise... [Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RICKBEATTY,

We don't want you to feel this way. We definitely care and want you to have a phone that operates to your expectations. Voicemail messages pausing are a known issue that we'd like to be resolved immediately. At this time, we appreciate your patience as we're working with the manufacturer for a fix. Otherwise, we'll be more than happy to troubleshoot and continue to do everything in our power to get your concerns resolved. How would you like to proceed?

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DKP89MN
Enthusiast - Level 3

This thread is really something. I used to work for Amazon.com. If a situation as ridiculous as this came up, the customer would typically bring it to the direct attention of Jeff Bezos via e-mail. Whenever an issue of great concern got to his inbox, the e-mail was forwarded to the relevant department head with a simple question mark (?). That meant "your department needs to get to the bottom of this issue and fix it immediately"; not tomorrow, two months from now, or two years from now. If I saw that question mark, I took the lead to get that situation fixed immediately. That is one reason why Amazon's stock has been trading for around $1,000 per share. I wish Verizon would treat this situation as seriously as Amazon takes similar ones. If they really want to win the wireless competition, they should take this hint seriously.

RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please read DKP's comment immediately before this one about how Amazon responds to major issues. I couldn't have said it better.

This is not a problem on the users end. This is all Verizon. You are creating a lot of ill will and users who will bail on Verizon the first chance they get because this shows just how unable or unwilling Verizon is to act when needed. There is no excuse. Verizon's responses in this thread are ludicrous.

equake
Enthusiast - Level 1

I updated to the latest patch on my GS8 and the problem still persists.

V. G950USQU1AQEF

0 Likes
dave1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unbelievable. Even after Verizon issues a "patch" that specifically says in the change log that it fixes the the voicemail issue, nothing's been fixed. Did Verizon eBen test their so-called fix before pushing it out to the masses and touting that they've fixed it. The one thing it did do is acknowledge that it was Verizon's problem in the first place - something that no one on this thread wold ever do. Now, not only is Verizon customer services seemingly useless and non existent, their development team doesn't seem to know what they're doing either. Get it together, Verizon!

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

There has not been any update for my SGS7 since May 24.

Thus is also typical of Verizon's uncaring attitude. Older devices,  even just one generation,  are not supported.

Of course since the fix did not work,  and probably created new problems,  I should feel lucky they didn't experiment on me?

Verizon customer and tech support is a bad joke.

0 Likes