Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
alchemista2

Very interesting. I hoped this would solve my problem since I also have an S7 Edge. However, I already had the home screen switched off for using favorite cards. I have no screens on there. So, this is not what's causing my problem with the voicemail app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret hearing that this workaround did not yield the same results, alchemista2. I too have a Galaxy S7 and was experiencing this issue. These steps worked for me, but I also turned off all favorite cards because I don’t use Samsung Pay. What happens if you turn off all favorite cards outlined in Rdag’s steps? If you don’t use Samsung Pay you can follow these steps to disable the application as well: Settings > Apps > Application Manager > Find Samsung Pay > Select Uninstall/Disable

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DKP89MN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think you're wasting your time looking at Samsung Pay as a potential cause for this issue. I completely uninstalled it and still had the problem.

alchemista2

When I turned off all favorite cards, the voicemail app is now working OK.

So, at least this has narrowed down the issue for a few of us - hopefully more people. However, this should now point VZN & Samsung to figure out how to address this incompatibility. Samsung Pay is a very common app, and I would think VZN & Samsung would want to make their important apps work fine together.

It's not good we have to disable Samsung Pay features in order to use our voicemail app correctly.

0 Likes
JoelCool
Enthusiast - Level 2

This solution seems to work for me on my S8+.  I also restarted the phone as other solutions only seemed to work until a restart but it is still working for me.  Recap: 1 card scanned in as favorite, home screen turned off but both other turned on.  YMMV

0 Likes
Rdag

Okay I learned that my original solution is not the total answer. It only lasted about one day. I  then went into Samsung pay and turned off all the favorit's cards on all the that helps but wasn't quite it either. But I did discover this if you turn them all off and keep Samsung pay open in the background your voicemail seems to work and you're good to go at this point but if you close Samsung pay the voicemail will not work. I hope this puts us a little bit closer. I will keep testing this throughout the day. If anybody can add anything to this please do so. I realize this is not a fix but if it helps Verizon know what's causing the problem then maybe they can fix it.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung pay works fine with other carriers. It has to be an issue with Verizon voice mail and or the Verizon modification of Android.

The problem seems to have started after the last major Android upgrade.

Anybody have access to an older version of droid?

Would be nice if Verizon got serious about fixing this. Too much to expect. They will suffer long term as their reputation erodes.

0 Likes
Tylerdurden8us
Enthusiast - Level 2

S7 Edge here, and I have Samsung pay completely uninstalled, and I still have the issue, so that is not the problem LOL. The only solution I have found is to replace Verizon voicemail app with YouMail.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
Tylerdurden8us
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, Verizon's voicemail app seems to have everything wrong with it in the first place. I also have to disconnect my Wi-Fi and turn on data just to even download any message I may have when using Verizon's voicemail app. Really Verizon?!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
tsmith35x
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess everybody's given up on getting the voicemail issue fixed. Unfortunate that 15 pages of messages have yielded no results.