Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
tsmith35x
Enthusiast - Level 3

Updated the OS to the latest version, wiped cache partition, and restarted. No Change. Voicemail still pauses. Went back to using YouMail and leaving the option for "Turn Off Screen" set to OFF so I can listen to my voicemails.

Thanks for trying, but the latest Samsung Galaxy S8 OS update has absolutely no effect on the voicemail pausing issue.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for reporting that a factory reset did not fix the issue.

Verizon: STOP recommending factory reset when it has already been tried and proved not to fix the issue! You should know that nuclear option creates huge headaches for your users. It should be a last resort and only then when it is reasonable to believe it will have the desired effect.

This issue remains unsolved. Verizon has not provided any useful response at all.

DANSLO26
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset as well and it was no help. Voice mail is still

broken. I did however get the edge lighting to work with the Verizon

messaging app. But only the Verizon messaging app. No other app works

with it.

0 Likes
edias
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samsung Galaxy S6 running latest version Android OS.  1-Clear cache 2- force stop Verizon Voicemail App 3-restart phone. This process works for me every time BUT only lasts for a short period of time. This seems to obviously be a bug with the Verizon Voicemail App.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to have the right phone that you would like to use, 

DKP89MN. I have sent you a private message for further assistance. I look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANSLO26,

I understand how frustrating this issue is when trying to listen to your voicemail messages, and we would regret losing your business. I appreciate you completing the factory data reset on your device. Let’s take a closer look into this issue. Please respond to the private message I have sent you.

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
BREBER4

Wanted to give my update and two cents.  I just got off chat with Verizon, who at first said they hadn't heard of this problem.  When I pointed Moses to the fact that there was quite a thread, he said he did in fact see the issue now, and that Verizon and Samsung were working closely to get the issue fixed.  So...  being frustrated, thought I would contact Samsung - only to be told that they didn't have record of this being a known issue, and that it was a Verizon issue.  (as would be evidenced by the other posts that stated that other carriers didn't seem to be having this issue with their voicemail).  Quite frustrating to have to listen to my voicemail on speakerphone, or on bluetooth, or - as I just tried, by plugging in my headphones in the headphone jack. 

0 Likes
JoelCool
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, right.  See now Samsung is pulling the same [Removed] as I logged the issues with them through first level support and they were sending up to the next level.  That was 5 days ago.  Both companies suck at support....

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tsmith35x
Enthusiast - Level 3

Perhaps Verizon called Samsung to try and convince them that the voicemail pause issue is Samsung's fault, but then Samsung pointed out that every other carrier's voicemail works just fine. So then Samsung asked, "have you tried a factory reset?" ...

lol

Rdag

I have a S7 egde that was doing the same thing,  holding the phone to my ear would pause the voicemail. I play with it for a whole week, even went to the Verizon store, talked to Verizon tech support and Google tech support. A yes it worked ok in safe mode. I finally figured out it was my Samsung Pay app causing the problem. On you Home Screen, a small portion of a credit card is visible at the bottom of the Home Screen so you can swipe it upward to use Samsung Pay, when i removed it my voice mail stared working ok, but putting it back would make the problem come back. So if you go it to your Samsung Pay app, in the upper right hand corner open up the menu tab, 3 dots. go to settings>use favorite cards, and turn off the switch for Home Screen. You can leave the Lock Screen and Screen off switch on, they do not affect it and you can still use Samsung Pay from you Lock Screen. This worked for me and I hope it this will help some other people.  

Rich D.

0 Likes