Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
dave1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's possibly fixed.  Just took an update from Samsung Pay.  After updating I went to the Samsung Pay app and added my credit card back to favorites, checked all boxes to show favorites on lock screen, home screen and screen off.  So far voicemail is playing fine with no pausing.  I even restarted my phone and still both apps are getting along.  Anyone else having success?  I'm using a GS8

0 Likes
DKP89MN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't actually think the problem has anything to do with Samsung Pay. I completely deleted the app (twice) and the problem still recurred. I believe the problem is with how Visual Voice Mail interacts with Samsung/Android software. Verizon and Samsung need to fix this. Nothing any of us do is going to successfully trouble-shoot this issue. I've wasted enough of my time trying to figure it out. Verizon evidently has at least one engineer (who "appears" in a recent commercial) who should be engage to fix this. They have way more resources to deal with this than any customer does.

dave1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

False alarm.  Gave it enough time and it's back to not working.  I guess the Samsung Pay update just allowed the app to be refreshed causing the temporary functionality of both apps.  So sad that Verizon seems to have taken a "oh well" attitude.  The canned responses only patronize their for-the-time-being loyal customers.  What further enrages me is that the Visual Voicemail is something I pay extra for.  You would think that its functionality and compatibility would take precedence over other issues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dave1997 I regret to learn you are having this issue again. I do want to look a little closer at this. We have identified the app "Next" as sometimes causing this issue with voice mail. If you have this app please delete and restart the device. If you exit the voice mail app and relaunch it do you still having this trouble?

0 Likes
DKP89MN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have "Next" yet still have the problem. It's the Voice Mail app that's the problem. Fix it.

RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon's response to the multitude of paying customers having this problem is ludicrous. You should be ashamed at the inadequacy displayed here.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANSLO26, we always want your voicemail working perfectly.  You are completely correct in that this has been a known issue resolved by deleting Samsung pay.  Did you need assistance with that delete process?  We wish there was another resolution to this issue but there isn’t currently one at least until Samsung releases more software updates.  Is there anything else we can assist you with today?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

So please tell us. Do any non Verizon users have this issue? I'm thinking it it very specific to Verizon and their special modified version of Android. Please tell us.

0 Likes
DANSLO26
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use Samsung pay more than I do voice mail. I shouldn't have to delete

any app. Fix your voice mail.

On May 12, 2017 6:59 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a solution.  How about you give everyone in this thread or that calls in free access to Premium Visual Voicemail until you can patch your app.

I will say again, I work as a software QA analyst for a large company.  I have knowledge on how to test, track, and locate bugs.  I am not someone who is just complaining because I do not want to try things.  If you look at the history of this thread you will see that I actually handled the issue in a very systematic process to narrow down the issue and I have identified where the bug is.  No, I have not done a factory reset but that is about the only thing I jave not done because a factory reset is not an acceptable troubleshooting step.  It is a lazy tatic that bad tech support uses to avoid finding and fixing issues to keep call/resolutuon times low.

Just to make things clear, uninstalling Samsung Pay is a work around, not a solution.  To make another thing clear that verizon reps are clearly not understanding.

1. Sprint customers with the sprint voicemail app on a Samsung device that is also running Samsung Pay do not have this issue.

2. AT&T customers with the AT&T voicemail app on a Samsung device that is also running Samsung Pay do not have this issue.

3. US Cellular customers with the US Cellular voicemail app on a Samsung device that is also running Samsung Pay do not have this issue.

4. T Mobile customers with the TMobile voicemail app on a Samsung device that is also running Samsung Pay do not have this issue.

5. Verizon customers with a unlocked Samsung device that is running other voicemail apps that is also running Samsung Pay do not have this issue.

6. Verizon customers with the Verizon voicemail app on a Samsung device that is also running Samsung Pay DO have this issue.

Samsung Pay is not the issue.  Samsung Pay does not have carrier specific code that would cause this issue with only Verizon.  If you disagree, then prove it.  The only variable is the Verizon voicemail app.  The Verizon Voicemail app has a conflict with the settings that exist on Samsung Pay (and I believe a few other apps that have similar settings).  To ACTUALLY resolve this conflict, Verizon needs to patch their Voicemail app to handle that group of setting(s) better when the screen goes dark while playing a voicemail.  So get it fixed or get someone in this thread who has the authority to actually esclate this issue to the proper team.  This is not a teir 1 or tier 2 support issue.  This is an issue that needs to be escalated to the development team, and clearly you are not the individuals to do so.  So tell your managers to esclate this issue or provide us with compensation.

0 Likes