Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANSLO26, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem. We're stepping in to ease your frustration. Did you recently update the software on your current device?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rifenbc
Enthusiast - Level 2

That last reply from Verizon (did you update your software) is not only useless, but extremely irratitating.  Did you even read the thread at all??  We have identified the problem for you....   Samsung Pay and the Verizon Voice Messaging.  Now go get an S8, and test.  When it STOPS happening (when you fix the problem), then send out an update, or post instructions. Enough of asking us to fix it for you.

CHRHOT92

Not sure if anyone already posted this, but uninstall Samsung Pay.  Problem solved until they fix the bug that doesn't let the two apps play nice.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is not a solution.

RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry Verizon but this is an ongoing and widespread problem.

What has Verizon done so far,  on your end,  to fix it? What's the plan? When can your paying customers expect their high priced devices to work properly?

Tylerdurden8us
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you for the Youmail tip!

I had completely uninstalled Samsung pay on my S7 Edge, and using Verizon's voicemail, the screen still kept going black and the voicemail would quit playing when I held it to my ear as everyone here is experiencing LOL.

So for me at least, even completely removing Samsung pay did nothing to affect this issue.

However, I installed YouMail, and I have even allowed the screen to go dark when I hold it up to my ear, and I was so surprised for the first time since I've had the phone to be able to keep listening to the ongoing voicemail playback - it worked!!!

I'm so surprised that Verizon can't even get their own voicemail app to work right but somebody else can create one that can LOL. Not to mention the fact that for me at least you have to turn off Wi-Fi and turn on data just to even download the voicemail onto Verizon's voicemail app.

SOLUTION (for me)

The fix for me is to quit using Verizon voicemail app and switch to YouMail and now I can actually hear my voicemail privately without having to blast it out over a speaker for everyone to hear LOL.

DAUTHUS

Ok, I may have stumbled on to a solution that doesn't require you to remove your security access to the phone and allows you to keep Samsung Pay.  This worked for me when everything else in this thread failed.

1.  Open your Samsung Pay application.

2.  Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner of the application window.

3.  Click on "Settings" in the small popup window.

4.  Click on "Use Favorite Cards" in the settings.

5.  Turn OFF the "Lock Screen" and "Screen Off" settings.  The slide bar should be grayed out.

6.  Exit out of the app and try your voicemail program.

0 Likes
DANSLO26
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have it set that way and it still stops. I either have to stop using

Samsung pay or listen to my voicemail on speaker phone at the moment.

0 Likes
Tylerdurden8us
Enthusiast - Level 2

Plus if you disable the lock screen, then the always on display will not allow you to select to show missed voicemails and text messages.

0 Likes
tsmith35x
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, so a co-worker who has Sprint also got a brand new S8. With Samsung Pay and Sprint Voicemail. Guess what? His voicemail works perfectly normal! ????? He even has all the Samsung Pay "Favorites" screen options turned on. What the heck has Verizon done to our S8 phones that Sprint hasn't done?

I hope someone higher up at Verizon reads this and makes an effort to find and fix the issue. I'm doing fine with YouMail, but I kinda expected to be able to use Samsung Pay and Verizon Voicemail on the same phone without disabling important options ("Favorites") and going to a 3rd party voicemail app.

At a time when Verizon is struggling for customers against T-Mobile and Sprint (not counting AT&T here), I would hope that they would exert some effort to keep their current customers happy. Maybe that's part of why T-Mobile is leaping ahead and steadily gaining customers. I would hazard to guess that T-Mobile has working voicemail as well.