Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nice work.

Tried this on SGS7.

Disabling favorite cards resulted in vm working. However vm continues working after re enabling favorite cards.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Discovered that vm stopped working again after reboot. To have vm work after reboot I need to leave favorite cards disabled.

0 Likes
DKP89MN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still experiencing intermittent success with VM after disabling favorites in Samsung Pay. It's almost like changing a setting results in temporary VM functionality. After a few tests, it's back to pausing messages again. That said, I can't understand why Verizon refuses to engage their engineers with this. This thread is 9 months old! Also, there are multiple Google results for threads on this issue on other sites. You can't tell me that not one engineer working for Verizon has a Samsung phone mentioned in this thread who can't try to replicate the problem for themselves. This is simply unacceptable. Maybe it's time to look into Sprint or AT&T.

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have submitted a report to the Samsung Pay team.  Maybe they can fix the issue from their end, that being said I also think Verizon needs to talk to their Voicemail app developers about handling the bug/error from their end because this seems to only be an issue on Samsung devices that are from Verizon (from all of the forum posts I can find on non-verizon forums) which again shows the issue is with the Verizon Voicemail app.

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh and before I forget...at least I can contact the Samsung Pay team directly unlike this supportless Verizon Voicemail App.  Shame on you Verizon for not having a direct method of contact for this app.  Put it in the Play store so users can get timly updates when bugs like this are found and resolved (currently we have to wait for a Device Update to receive updates for the Voicemail app) and include a email option on the app listing that actually submits bug reports unlike the help we get here. 

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are right.

Confirmed on my SGS7.

Turning off favorite card features in Samsung pay results in a brief fix but voice mail problem quickly returns on its own.

I think the issue must be in the Verizon voicemail app. Turning off favorite card features does the same thing as clearing the cache partition. It resolves the issue but only temporarily. The bug in Verizon voice mail quickly reasserts itself.

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ugh confirmed here as well, though the app working lasts longer than all of the other temporary fixes we have found so far.  Also, this is what a properly developed apps "Help" section looks like: http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/almaxkiller/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20170504-194809_zps3...

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Uninstalling Samsung Pay seems to fix the issue for me permanently (so far since my last post at least).  This, however, is not acceptable.  I doubt with all the users that have Samsung Pay that this is a issue with their app, especially since it is localized to Verizon customers only.  So for the 100th time this has to be a bug with the Verizon Voicemail app, so VZWSupport please submit a bug report to your devs.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think it could also be a bug with the Verizon modified version of Android. This didn't happen before the update to Nougat,  did it?

Don't hold your breath on Verizon taking any action at all. They really don't seem to care.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dave1997, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem. Are you able to browse the internet on your device with no issues? Let's make sure that this isn't a memory capacity issue. Have you deleted all unwanted voice mails, media, pictures, videos, text messages, and e-mails. Test the visual voice mail feature again and keep us posted.

For more information regarding Visual Voice mail, click http://vz.to/2bGXNVq

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes