Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok in safe mode

Reoccurring immediately when back to normal mode

samanthat_vzw
Verizon Employee

RickBeatty, that is great to hear! If the voicemail is working correctly in Safe Mode, this would point to a third-party application causing the device to behave in this odd manner when not in Safe Mode. Do you recall having any third-party apps recently installed or updated around the time that you noticed the voicemail issue? If so, we would recommend removing those apps from the device and testing the voicemail service once again to confirm this is resolved.

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not sure when this started out what app I last installed. What am I supposed to do? Uninstall them all and start over? Sounds really like fun.

0 Likes
DarylMP

I'm having the same problem with my Galaxy S7.  It started after the Nougat update.  The last recommendation from Verizon to remove all our third party apps, because the problem went away in safe mode, is ridiculous. Visual Voicemail doesn't get along with Nougat, so it's got to be a software problem with the voicemail app. We need a fix, not a bunch of stupid hoops to jump through.  Verizon needs to do some QA to replicate the issue, find the solution, and then push out an updated voicemail app.

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Taken from another thread that fixed the issue for me:

I found something that fixed the issue for me. if you wipe the cache partition: https://cellphoneforums.net/samsung-galaxy/t432113-samsung-galaxy-s8-clear-app-cache-data%3B-wipe-ca...  (on an s8, you have to use the bixby button instead of the home button) then it should fix the issue. hope this helps anyone that still has this issue.

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

This worked for me.

Verizon is negligent in not suggesting such a simple measure before sending people off on what would be a futile exercise with third party apps. Their knee jerk response to blame someone else is inexcusable.

I don't know why I should HAVE to clear the cache partition... somehow it got corrupted. But clearing it is very easy and should have been suggested since it is known to fix the issue.

This just illustrates what's wrong with IT support at Verizon. They're probably following a script that's general and out of date rather than improving their own support by mining their own community for solutions.

I expect too much???

0 Likes
RickBeatty
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: clearing the cache partition fixed the problem but only briefly.

Back to the original problem state quickly.

0 Likes
xxxxxxxcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Visual Voicemail works correctly in Safe Mode. My issue began with the Nougat update. Clearing the cache did nothing.

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here, I am now having the issue again.  Since Verizon seems to think it is a 3rd party app, I would be interested to see what apps we both have.  May help narrow the list.

Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

These are screenshots of what I have installed.  Let me know what you have of the same.

http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/almaxkiller/library/Installed%20Apps