Voicemail pauses during playback
PJD10

I am having a Voicemail issue. I am not sure if it started happening after the Android 7 update or not.  When playing back recorded messages, they now pause every few seconds and I must hit the play button.  This only appears to happen when I bring the phone to my ear. This has become quite a nuisance. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and have not had a problem until recently.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail pauses during playback
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PJD10, thanks so much for those details. I'm sure it's quite trying to try to listen to a voicemail when it keeps pausing. I have looked into this a bit more closely, and can confirm that Samsung is working on a fix for this issue, which will be released at a later date.

MichelleH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There's been several threads lately about this issue (on several phone models); have you seen this one?

Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear

0 Likes
PJD10

Thanks. I checked out the threads. Lots of activity, but no resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PJD10, we need to get your voicemails working again. Does your screen go blank/black when you put it up to your ear? Is anything else acting up on your phone? Have you updated or installed any apps recently?

JoelR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
PJD10

Joel R,

Yes, the screen goes black and the message stops playing. Very annoying. I recently upgraded to Android N, but not sure if that’s when this started. I’ve seen this issue on the web and in the forum so it’s a common problem.

Regards,

Paul

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PJD10, thanks so much for those details. I'm sure it's quite trying to try to listen to a voicemail when it keeps pausing. I have looked into this a bit more closely, and can confirm that Samsung is working on a fix for this issue, which will be released at a later date.

MichelleH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

TheSane

I have this same problem with the Galaxy 10.  Is there a fix? 

0 Likes
kd4vafb
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there - Have you found a fix for this?  I have a S20 Note Ultra and my playback pauses ever 4 seconds for about that long.  Nothing else happens..no black screen, not sure if it was after most recent system update.

KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Voicemail is still important, and I'm sorry to learn about any issues with yours. Tell me, when is it pausing? Is it during the playback? Does it happen when using Visual Voicemail, or are you dialing *86? Please clarify, thanks very much. -Christina Lee

0 Likes