Voicemail error code 9009 on S7 after upgrade.
KendallT

I've never had any voicemail problems, but after I upgraded my phone from the S5 to the Samsung Galaxy S7 I get the error code 9009 when I try to access the voicemail app. There's also a phone number attached to the error message that you're supposed to call, however that phone number doesn't work. I called customer service yesterday they said they fixed it and it actually worked for about an hour. Now it's back to doing the same thing. I really don't want to stay on the phone for another hour just wondering if anybody has any ideas besides calling customer service back.

I can press the 1 key and dial voicemail and check my messages it's just the app that's not working and I'm not being notified of new voicemail messages. I've read every thread that I can find on this and anything mentioned doesn't seem to work. Ive restarted from the reboot menu, I've checked the voicemail power saving options and I've tried to force stop the voicemail application. I'd rather not use a third-party voicemail app, but it looks like that may be what I'm doing.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail error code 9009 on S7 after upgrade.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to properly utilize your device. There are some steps that we can attempt to take to see if we can get your voicemail application to properly function. First, I would like to check a setting to see if it is enabled and test it with the setting disabled. Can you please, from the home screen, go to Apps > Settings > Battery > Power Saving Mode and turn this off if it is currently on?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes