Voicemail App problem
JoshEisen1994

Screenshot_20200830-213527_Voicemail.jpg

 I've been on Verizon for a month, and for some reason the voicemail app on my phone is still not set up yet.  Everytime I open the app, it keeps saying that visual voicemail is downloading to my phone and I should open it again in a few minutes, but nothing happens.  Is there anything I need to do for my visual voicemail to officially be downloaded, or do I have to keep waiting?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail App problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Josh! Welcome to the Verizon family. We're sorry that you're having trouble with your Visual Voicemail. Is your regular voicemail (*86) working fine? Do you have a Verizon branded phone? Are you having issues with any of the other Verizon apps?   

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
JoshEisen1994

Hello, 

Thank you for replying.  To answer your questions.  My regular voicemail (*86) is working fine.  I have a samsung galaxy s9 that i've had long before I switched from t-mobile to verizon.  The visual voicemail app is the only one i'm having problems with.  

I appreciate your help.

Best,

Josh

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone isn't a Verizon Wireless branded model, the Verizon Visual Voicemail application isn't compatible with that phone. The application is an exclusive to branded phones only. It won't work on a T-Mobile or even an unlocked model. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even if it was compatible, you still need to setup the visual voicemail application while on the 4G LTE or 3G EDVO network. It doesn't work on Wi-Fi. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, Josh! Unfortunately, the Visual Voicemail is one of the apps that are not guaranteed to work with non-Verizon phones. Please reply to our private note to further assist you. 

0 Likes