Voice mail notification won't go away
Johnny_G

I got my S4 about a week ago and immediately set up my voice mail to use my Google Voice account.  Two days ago a Verizon voice mail notification showed up stating I have 2 new messages.  When I dial *86 it states I have 32 messages, nothing about new or unread messages. When I listen to them I found there is no option to delete them, 7 archives and 9 sets as new unread. So I go though all messages hitting 7 only to loop back to the first message. The notification never went away.  I have read that when calling voice mail and getting the pompt (message?), hitting 4 then 1 will stop the notification but that did not work. Anyone know how to disable Verizon voice mail notifications when I am using another service like Google Voice?

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail notification won't go away
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Johnny_G,

Voice mail is a very integral part of our lives. Even though text messaging is very popular, to hear the voice of our friends and loved ones via voice mail is still preferred. May I ask have you ended the voice mail call by pressing the # key? If not then try this and let the voice mail system hang up the call. Once this is done then please check to see if the voice mail notification will be gone. Let me know the results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Voice mail notification won't go away
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am using Google voice, and prior to this I used You Mail - in neither case have I had to do anything other than set the call forwarding (*71) to the voicemail account # I was given, and I also created a contact called Voicemail that dials my access number.  I rarely use that though, as the text/email with transcription notification is usually all I need....

As far as the Verizon Voicemail, pressing 7 typically deletes an email, 9 saves it for 21 days.  Something strange with archiving and saving as unread...  is this visual voicemail or the standard, free voicemail?  Again, once I set the forwarding to Google voicemail (or previously, to You Mail), it never goes to Verizon voicemail....

0 Likes