Voice mail error code 9007 after marshmallow update
JRzyshore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every since my Galaxy S6 had the Android OS upgrade to 6.0.1 (marshmallow) I get an error in my Voice mail.  It says "Something went wrong.  Sorry, we ran into a problem.  Please try again later.  If there is still a problem, please contact Customer Service at 800-922-0204 and tell them the error code is 9007."  I just haven't had the time to sit on the phone yet to wait for customer service.

I get the message at some point every day after turning the phone on (Since the OS update).  The phone does not receive voice mails.  If I reboot the phone, it will download my voice mails then the error will come back up and the phone won't receive anymore emails, until I reboot it again.

I went into the application manager and checked the VM app and there is no choice to clear the cache, so I cleared all cached data.  Still no change.  All software and apps are up to date.

Any help would be appreciated

Data:

Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-920V)

Android version:  6.0.1

Software version:  G920VVRU4CPC2

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice mail error code 9007 after marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JRzyshore,

Help is here! Voicemails are crucial & I would be lost without mine. I appreciate all the information that you have provided. Please go to Settings, Battery, More, Optimize battery usage and toggle to “All apps.” Then they can scroll to “Voice Mail” and set the optimization to “off” to whitelist the app so it isn’t impacted by Doze. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JRzyshore,

Help is here! Voicemails are crucial & I would be lost without mine. I appreciate all the information that you have provided. Please go to Settings, Battery, More, Optimize battery usage and toggle to “All apps.” Then they can scroll to “Voice Mail” and set the optimization to “off” to whitelist the app so it isn’t impacted by Doze. Please keep us posted on the outcome.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

JRzyshore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the quick response.  I made the change.  I'll give it a day and see how it works.

JohnMR
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I'm lucky this will also be away to solve print issues...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Awesome! Please keep us posted with the results, JRzyshore.
NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Denster15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same issue. My voicemails were not coming through, nor was there any alert. For some reason Verizon'voicemail app started having this glitch. The voicemails are there however I could not access them. I spoke to verizon's tech twice and I followed his instructions to make sure data was enabled whilst my WiFi was in use. This was a very temporary fix as the next day the issue arose once again.  I finally found this forum/thread and followed these instructions: went into Settings, Battery, More, Optimize Battery Usage and toggled to "All Apps" , then scrolled all the way down to "Verizon Voicemail" and set/slide the optimization to "Off". That's the fix!  It's only been one day but I'm getting all my voicemail alerts and voicemails.

0 Likes
JRzyshore
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears the ne "Doze" function in Marshmallow is screwing up a number of app.  I ran in to a problem with the iHeartradio app.  It would shut down as soon as the screen turned off.  Never happened with Lollipop.  I made the same change to that app and it's been working fine since.

0 Likes
JRzyshore
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry that should be new "dose"....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is great news to hear, JRzyshore! Having the device set up exactly as you wish is important. Please keep us updated after you have had a chance to continue to monitor the function of the device. We will be standing by.

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Waxqueen
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow i have been having same issue since this update too. Plus my samsung account and some google accounts have error message its not syncing any longer since then. I've called verizon, & samsung support. They had me do factory resets 3x each time, which is a pain and all the same problems were back soon after. Finally found this today and tried it. So far all my accounts synced up. I hope the voice messages is fixed as well and it all stays fixed.

0 Likes