Re: Voice mail box empty but notification still on
KATHYIMMEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's now fixed.

Not sure exactly where I was on phone but emptied data and cache and notification finally went away.

I had done that under the ALL apps tab at first so was puzzled why that didn't fix it. I think what I finally

did was hold my finger on the voicemail notification that shows as a small horizontal window like you

get when you swipe down from the top to expose other notifications (updates missed calls etc) and

that opened like before and I could see that DATA and CACHE were not cleared so I cleared them

and the notification went away. That's all I can remember now..

Thanks for your help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATHYIMMEL, we want to fix this. When checking your voice mail inbox, do you press the (*) key to end that session? Pressing the (*) key will reset the voice mail notification feature.

For more voice mail support, click http://vz.to/2cswP2T

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NorthernMI

I had the same problem...could not delete indicator showing 1 message.  Tried all the "remedies"....leaving myself a message, then deleting it, (worked briefly but then 1 message indicator returned), making sure to use * to exit, rebooting phone etc.  Finally called Verizon and they fixed it....said that it could not be fixed by user....I was still on old VoiceMail system, so they needed to delete my VoiceMail and then reinstall.  They did a nice job of handling it efficiency and all is well.  Call them if you have this problem.

0 Likes
phonefish

garbage answer.  One should not have to buy a new phone to solve a Verizon problem.  I'm having the same problem right now with a two-year-old phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern regarding your voicemail issues and we want to help in the best way. When did you notice this issue? What type of device are you using? How do you check your voicemail messages?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes