Vivofit 2 won't pair since update
CATPAL755
Enthusiast - Level 1

Vivofit 2 won't pair with Samsung Galaxy S5 since the Verizon Wireless update on August 10, 2017 and YES my Garmin Connect app is up to date!

Re: Vivofit 2 won't pair since update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CATPAL755,

We definitely want your devices working together again. What exactly is happening when you try to pair your devices? Have you checked with Garmin to see if there is an update for the watch itself? Please check the current version of the operating system on your phone by going to settings >> about phone >> build number and share with us the full number listed here.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANKEE15

I have been experiencing the same issue.  My Galaxy S5 will scan and recognize my Vivofit 2 but will not pair.  I have tried all of the suggestions on your help page and all I did was lose my background and reset all of the sounds and alerts.  As mentioned in the original question this began the day of your last update.  There is nothing available from Garmin and my Garmin Connect ap is up to date.  I have been having to sync using the PC so I know that is working.  Other Bluetooth connections are still good (headset and handsfree earbud).

0 Likes
DANKEE15

I just had a chat session with Garmin and they said it is a know problem that is impacting a lot of Garmin customers, they are working with Verizon and will hopefully have a resolution soon.  From the tone of the chat it sounds like a fix should be coming from Garmin so keep your eyes open there.

0 Likes
DANKEE15

Just got the new Android update this morning.  It fixed my Vivofit 2 issues.

0 Likes