Re: Visual voicemail goes to lock screen
Juminix
Enthusiast - Level 1

i found something that fixed the issue for me. if you wipe the cache partition: https://cellphoneforums.net/samsung-galaxy/t432113-samsung-galaxy-s8-clear-app-cache-data%3B-wipe-ca...  (on an s8, you have to use the bixby button instead of the home button) then it should fix the issue. hope this helps anyone that still has this issue.

Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can confirm this (wiping the cache partition) fixed the issue for me too.

0 Likes
jsaidoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wiping the cache partition fixed this issue for me too (Galaxy S8+).

0 Likes
gddeals
Enthusiast - Level 3

clearing voicemail app data and wiping cache partition did not fix it for me. S7.

CARLISLE50
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CARLISLE50 -

Having working voicemail is very important. I want to make sure you have the best experience with your phone.  Just to clarify, do you mean you are still having issues with the voice mail or the steps above resolved it for you? Can you clarify what steps you've already taken?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CARLISLE50
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have listed a whole host of problems, but none of mine involved voicemail. But none of my other problems have been resolved. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CARLISLE50-

Having multiple issues is certainly not what I want to hear. I'd appreciate an opportunity to help turn things around. Can you elaborate more on the issues you're experiencing?

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
gddeals
Enthusiast - Level 3

@EricaC_VZW , how about telling us how to fix the problem that this thread is actually about?

the one where when you try to listen to your voicemail, the screen goes black like it should and the voicemail starts, but then the screen comes back on again for a second and it pauses the voicemail. the only way to play the whole thing is to put it on speaker.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gddeals,

Finding the best way to fix the troubles is important. I can see from the thread that most people have had luck with simply clearing the cache partition. I see that you stated this did not work on your S7. What other troubleshooting have you tried thus far? I do not want to have you do something that you have already tried.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes