Visual voicemail goes to lock screen
Twiggea
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I press play then put my phone to my ear, my phone goes to the lock screen and the voicemail message stops playing. I have my phone set to lock automatically after 1 minute, but it still locks right after putting the phone to my ear. Works fine with speakerphone as I'm not needing to put the phone to my ear, and I've never had any issues with phone calls when the phone is at my ear (screen turns off to prevent button pushes, but does not lock with phone calls). I prefer visual voicemail so I don't have to enter a password every single time I get a voicemail, but I'm not always in a situation where I can just put it on speaker. I saw this addressed here on old posts, as well as other websites, with no solution.

Re: Visual voicemail goes to lock screen
STORREY771
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue for me, too. Saw that others online have reported the same. This just started for me today on my S7 edge. Please reply if you know how to fix.

0 Likes
BREALD41

I don't want visual voicemail!!!!! I can't get my voicemail

0 Likes
karolined_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi, Twiggea. I know it's not always convenient to listen to your voicemail on speakerphone, so being able to hold the device to your ear is important. Having it pause when you do so makes it difficult to accomplish!

​ I'd like to work with you further on this issue, as while I did see other people reporting similar concerns, it doesn't seem to be consistently happening across all phones. I sent you a private message, so please reply to me there at your earliest convenience, and we will work together to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience!

​-KarolineD_VZW

​Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

BREALD41 wrote:

I don't want visual voicemail!!!!! I can't get my voicemail

Which phone model do you have? There are options to restore your access to voicemail, but they are dependent on the phone type you have.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Breald41, having features that work for you is the key. Let's explore options. What make and model phone do you have? What happens when trying to review voice mail messages? What exact steps do you take to access those messages? Please share details so we may find a solution.

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jsaidoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S8+. Everytime I put the phone to my ear, the screen turns off and the voicemail stops playing.

0 Likes
JZKAWA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started having same problem with my Note 5 since latest update was installed last week.

0 Likes
depreciated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem Galaxy S7 Edge

0 Likes
STORREY771
Enthusiast - Level 1

Factory reset of my S7 Edge took care of the issue. Pain in the butt, but quicker than all the back and forth with Samsung and Verizon.

0 Likes