Visual Voicemail
JBR2014

My phone stopped showing messages in the visual voicemail app. I have to dial *86 to get my messages now. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6.

How do you fix the visual voicemail? I have turned it off and cleared the cache. No help.

How do I uninstall the app and reinstall? There seems to be no option for that simple function.

Really frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Visual Voicemail
chetonj_vzw
Verizon Employee

JBR2014, I can definitely understand how frustrating it was to discover the Visual Voicemail feature stopped working properly. It's my goal to make sure we get this feature working again, so you don't have to go through the hassle of dialing *86 and also have a more convenient way to retrieve your Voicemails from friends and family or anyone who's trying to reach you with an important message. When did you notice this started happening? Has your device gone through a recent software update? Have you checked the Google Play store, to see if the application needs an update? Due to the app being reinstalled, there is no way to delete it. Here is a link you can use that will walk you through the process of resetting the application Samsung Galaxy S 6 / S 6 edge - Reset App | Verizon Wireless. Keep me updated with your results.

ChetonJ_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JBR2014, thanks for your attempts to resolve any issues with your Visual Voicemail not working on your Samsung Galaxy S6. I know that using the Visual Voicemail application is your go to and convenient option. This won't be frustrating to resolve if we work together. Did this become an issue after any recent software update or by making any changes to your settings? Do you get any type of error code or message that comes up when you attempt to access the Voicemail app?

I'll be glad to help going forward and clear up a few details. Please note your mobile data must be enabled for Visual Voicemail to work by design. The Voicemail app on your phone cannot be deleted and reinstalled as we've built the application into the phone pre-installed. Please reference the link attached for how to Reset Network Settings on your phone. Please keep me posted on any changes. http://spr.ly/6587E3O3b

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
reginau_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Being able to manage your voicemail visually is a great feature, JBR2014. I am concerned to learn that you are having trouble with the visual voicemail application and am here to lend a helping hand. I would like to gather a few details to best assist you.

When did the app stop showing messages?

Can you view any messages on the app (old ones)?

Did you make any software or application changes to your device around the same time the issue started?

To uninstall an app click on the following link for help (not all apps can be uninstalled): Samsung Galaxy S 6 / S 6 edge - Uninstall Apps | Verizon Wireless

Here is a link to our Troubleshooting Assistant: Samsung Galaxy S6 - Support Overview Troubleshooting | Verizon Wireless

We look forward to hearing back from you.

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response.

0 Likes