Re: Visual Voicemail App
Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@lynn561 I see your screens for your S8. I have an unlocked Note 8 which is more than 3 years old. If mine works, yours should too.

Did you clear cache and clear data from the "Visual Voicemail" app so it can go back to factory settings? Your saved voicemails will be retained on the Verizon system. This step just resets the settings for the voicemail app. 

After that when you open the voicemail app again, it will tell you to set up. Basic Visual Voicemail is free for all Verizon customers so you can tap that button go through set up. That should work from there forward. 

I would not call customer service or tech support. I have never found them to be helpful with things like this. 

0 Likes
lynn561
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, did not work for me.  I cleared cache and data, still same issue.  I am done trying to fix not worth getting irritated. 

I appreciate your follow up and help. 😍 Thank you! 

0 Likes
Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry @lynn561 that all these methods are not working for you.

I was able to use old fashion voicemail management using *86 just fine without Visual Voicemail as well. In case that helps but I know you are so done with this issue. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lynn561

Prepaid plans don't support Visual Voicemail for phone other than the iPhone. The iPhone's visual voicemail only works because it is through the Apple servers and iOS and not through the Verizon Wireless servers.

https://www.verizon.com/support/visual-voice-mail-faqs/

If you didn't have a prepaid account, I would have suggested that you setup the visual voicemail with an active 4G or 3G cellular connection instead of Wi-Fi.

Since you are prepaid, I would suggest hiding or disabling the visual voicemail application so it isn't on your home screens. To access the voicemail system, you will need to dial the *86 number. You can't use the voicemail application to access the basic non-visual voicemail. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lynn561
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't really care about the visual voicemail, but I should not get the message to set it up every time.  This did not happen before last month.  I know how to access regular voice mail but that is not the point.  I should not  continually be given the message to set up, plus the blockhead customer service person should have known this and not kept me on the phone. for over an hour. 

The real point is, Verizon like so many other companies do not care if their customers are getting good customer service.  I can only imagine how much money they waste by not having fully trained customer service.  What does 1 hour and 20 minutes cost them? Plus not they angry off a customer, not sure if I will stay with them. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You won't get the message if you don't open the voicemail application. That's what I have been trying to say. Don't use the application. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@lynn561 @Ann154 I think that's right.

@lynn561 Since you don't care for Visual Voicemail, disable the Voicemail app entirely through

Settings > Apps > Voicemail App > Tap Disable 

After disabled, it should never launch on it's own. Hope this does the trick! 

You will dial *86 to get to voicemails the old fashion way.

Screenshot_20200820-145442_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lynn561,

This is not the experience we want for you. We are here to help. Is the phone still ringing excessively?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
Ayersey

Galaxy app store has a voicemail app that does the same thing...

0 Likes
Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@Ayersey this one? 

Screenshot_20200831-172748_Galaxy Store.jpg

0 Likes