Re: Visual Voicemail App
Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@amberf_vzw 
Thanks for responding. Everything else is good so far. Too bad no visual voicemail access.

I remember this working on the native Visual Voicemail app that comes with Samsung device the last time I was with Verizon service on this same device between 2018-Dec 2019 but the past few days when receiving a new voicemail, an error is returned from the Samsung Visual Voicemail app trying to refresh the voicemail inbox.

Error says

"Something went wrong. 

We ran into a problem. Try again later.

If there's still a problem, contact Customer Service."

0 Likes
Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

I finally got it to work!

For anyone who recently switched carriers and has an unlocked Samsung device. The native Visual Voicemail app was not working and it kept displaying error every time it tried to refresh the inbox. 

"Something went wrong. 
We ran into a problem. Try again later.
If there's still a problem, contact Customer Service."

This is how I fixed my issue: 

Settings > Apps > Find the voicemail app and select it > Storage > 
1. Select "Clear cache"
2. Select "Clear data"

The app has been restored to manufacturer settings as if you just got the device out of the box. Close all applications and relaunch the voicemail app.

1. It will ask you for permissions to access calls, contacts, etc. tap "Continue" 
Allow permissions for all the prompts. 
2. It will then check your account information. Let it process while it fetches your account. 

3. Now you will get the "Welcome to Visual Voicemail" screen. Tap "Continue" 

4. Review and accept terms and conditions

5. You'll arrive at the voicemail inbox where it refreshes your inbox with your voicemails! 

All is working now. I hope it helps everyone who has been living without Visual Voicemail! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us Susan2020. With unlocked devices, there are some Verizon features that are not available. I am sorry about that. 

0 Likes
lynn561
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been on the phone with Verizon for 55 minutes because whenever I try to access my voicemail it tries to set up visual voicemail.  Support has no clue how to fix it.  Which would be fine, but now whatever this support person did, my phone rings 11 times before going to voicemail.  This is so ridiculous.  Why is this so hard?😠😡 

0 Likes
Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@vzw_customer_supportThanks. I am already aware that the experience is different with non Verizon branded device. 

0 Likes
Susan2020
Contributor - Level 1

@lynn561 Sorry, that's frustrating. Do you not want Visual Voicemail? Our devices all come with basic visual voicemail, Verizon branded phones or not. 

Sometimes, these tech support people don't understand our issues and cause more frustration than help. I would try starting over with a clean slate. Try the steps I shared above and see if that helps. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lynn561

Which phone model do you have? If you are using the Visual Voicemail application to attempt to access your voicemail it will default to wanting to setup visual voicemail. If you just want to dial into your voicemail, you need to dial *86 to access and set up your voicemail (the basic non-visual voicemail version). 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

lynn561
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spoke with a second person and after an hour and 20 minutes and  nothing changed.  I have had a prepaid plan for years (much cheaper and works well for me) and I recently "switched plans".  Really all I did is update to the same plan under a new name that was $10 less a month for loyalty.  Since then everytime I open voice mail it tells me I need to set up visual voice mail but then I get an error.  

It really is not a big problem, I just thought I would fix it.  Still happens, and verizon wasted my time. 🙄

lynn561_2-1597934034773.png

0 Likes
lynn561
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an unlocked Samsung S8 which is almost 2 years old.  Bought from BestBuy because Verizon did not have in stock.

Visual voicemail is not that important.  It is just annoying every time I go to voicemail, it puts an extra step in there.  This just started happening when I changed to a new plan, which was really the same plan under a different name and included loyalty discount. 

0 Likes
lynn561
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the hint, unfortunately did not work for me.

0 Likes