Video playback doesn't work after marshmellow update.
The_Ray

When I try to play a video the window freezes.  Happens on multiple apps. Help please.  Checked the battery setting and good to go.

0 Likes
Re: Video playback doesn't work after marshmellow update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The_Ray, we want you to be able to enjoy your videos. Let’s get this fixed. Are you on WiFi or mobile data? Are you getting an error message or does it force close?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
EGRE0
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just updated to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) yesterday (June 29, 2016) and the videos I have recorded with my camera, before and after the update, freeze. Some times, the audio continues with the picture frozen and other times the audio freezes as well.  I have turned the phone off, removed the battery, reseated the micro-SD and nothing has helped.  I texted one video to a friend and they were able to play it fine, proving to me this is a playback problem.   The issue that The_Ray reported, was it resolved? same issue as mine?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EGRE0,

Having videos lag would drive me crazy too! Is this occurring with just the videos you recorded? Or does this occur with all videos? Any specific apps you are having issues watching the videos?

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes