Re: Verzion Cloud Restores 1960/25k Text Messages then Says Complete
Mecman

Yes I can view and respoNde to messages its a little slow sending them and everything else works perfect except for calling it absolutely does nothing except say calling and then hanging up and like I said I have spent quite a bit of money on this phone to try to take it back or even try to resell and switching carriers is not an option cause where I live Verizon is literally the only service I can get to pick up without having go 10- 15 miles towards town to ensure I don't drop a call please help fix soon

0 Likes
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

The integrated app, like the app on the phone, only goes back 90 days i.e. it doesn't sync with the cloud, so it has about 3k text messages. But I have many more than that on my phone already because I have everything back to nearly October, it's before then that I am missing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for clarifying BrandonWernette. When you backed up the text messages to the could were all 25k messages backed up to the cloud at once?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. It was serially over about a year and a half.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BrandonWernette, thanks for those details. Please clarify, were all 25k messages on the device before you did the factory reset on the phone?

KevinR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

There were about 20k messages on the phone when I did the reset. The extra 5k have been added since then.

0 Likes
e-ec-ecu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Solution for me:

I had a similar issue this week when I got the new Galaxy S6 Edge.  Cloud would only restore about 345 out of 5500 messages and then it would show "Restore Complete".  But, MANY MANY messages were missing.

Well, I contacted tech support and got forwarded to tech 2 and higher support.  After a few calls back and forth I got a resolution.  It appears the vendor of the Verizon Cloud (not made by Verizon) needed to make some changes.  The update was applied to their Cloud App on Google Play Store this morning (15 April 2015) ... but runs on the same version as prior.

Anyway, try this!

(Do this on Wi-Fi because if it hiccups, the Restore will fail)

1.  Go in to your Settings -> Applications -> Application Manager

2.  Find "Cloud" (It is not called "Verizon Cloud).  Tap "Cloud".

3.  Inside "Cloud" click on "Force Stop".

4.  Once that is done, click on "Clear Data".

5.  Now, go into the "Play Store" and search for "Cloud" and tap the Verizon Cloud.

6.  It should show that it is "Installed" and you can click "Uninstall" or "Update" (Can't remember).

7.  Either way, click "Uninstall"

8.  Once the Uninstallation is complete, find it again in the "Play Store" and "Install".

9.  After you install it, if you have the option to 'Update", go ahead and update.

10.  Once it is completely installed, open it and configure it again.

11.  Try the restore again!

0 Likes
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this suggestion, now instead of getting to 1960 and saying "Restore Complete" it gets to 1920 and jumps and says "Restore Failed." Still no fix. Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BrandonWernette,

Thanks for trying that suggestion. Are you doing this while connected to WiFi or cellular data?

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Always wifi.

0 Likes