Verzion Cloud Restores 1960/25k Text Messages then Says Complete
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to restore text messages on my Samsung Galaxy S5 from the Verizon Cloud, it says I have 25,084 text messages available for restore, but when I run the restore it pauses for a few minutes at 1960, then says it is complete. I have had this problem since December, I have done everything I could find on the forum and support page, all to no avail. I would like this problem fixed as I lost some important locked messages.

peacelove&joy.

B

0 Likes
Re: Verzion Cloud Restores 1960/25k Text Messages then Says Complete
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BrandonWernette

We certainly want to be sure you have the messages you need. Due to size limitations when syncing with a device, there may be messages that will not be transferred over from the cloud. Have you attempted to delete the messages in your phone that are not needed, to allow messages that are important to come through?

SandyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried that in a couple different ways. I deleted old texts and tried, as well as dumped all the pictures, videos, documents, and some app data onto my computer to open up 8Gb of space on my phone and then ran the restore, and it is always the same problem. It stops at 1960 for about 5 minutes then says "Restore Complete."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BrandonWernette,

Let's keep trying to figure this out. When you delete posts and resync them, does it only resync the same 1960 texts or does it give you a "new" set of texts?

SandyC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's always 1960.

I don't know if this helps, but until it gets to 1960, nothing happens in my messenging app, but when it gets to 1960 it looks like I'm receiving a bunch of texts before it stops. I don't get the notifications for these "new" texts though.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

do you really have 25k saved messages saved??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BrandonWernette,

Let's keep working here.  When the issue began in December were you transferring devices or activating a new device?  Are you able to log into Verizon cloud on a computer and view these messages still?  Please share a few more details. Thanks.

TrevorC_VZW
0 Likes
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was after a factory reset, but the error didn't make sense because I had factory reset the phone before and there was no problem.

As for logging onto a computer, the app doesn't let you do that. You can only view files, pictures, and videos, not messages and call logs. People have been complaining about this stupid fact for years now.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I would never use Verizon anything-app.  SMS backup and restore app from the market will back it all up to your card, email, drive cloud anywhere and then import it onto the new or wiped phone reliably.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
BrandonWernette,

Thanks for those clarifying details.  You're actually able to view and even respond to text messages via our Verizon Integrated Messaging application. Check it out here; http://vz.to/1loBVkj .  See if you're able to view those missing messages through this app.

TrevorC_VZW
0 Likes