Verizon vs. unlocked Galaxy S9
m100psi

Does Verizon publish a list of features that are available with the Verizon version of the Galaxy S9, but not available when using an unlocked S9 on the Verizon network (e.g. wifi calling)?

Thanks,
Matt

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon vs. unlocked Galaxy S9
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

M100psi, we want to make sure all of your questions are answered.  The VZW branded billing features that are not supported on Open Development (OD) certified Open Market smartphones are:

• Visual Voicemail (VVM)
    • LTE Video Calling
    • Enhanced Address Book
    • VoWiFi (WiFi calling)
    • Family Base
    • Family Locator

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

No

0 Likes
m100psi

Ok...does anyone know the list of features? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely Verizon Wireless exclusive features which might be the Visual Voicemail, Verizon Cloud, and other services.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mc_365
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mostly anything that is in the advanced calling menu.

On the unlocked phone you will only have the option to activate Volte.  Any other HD Voice functions will not be available on the unlocked version without some hacking.

Verizon in a petty nickel and diming anti consumer corp. that will swindle or coerce you into spending more for less service and punish you for daring to try to save a buck by buying an unlocked device without all their storage consuming bloatware that they configure in such a fashion that you can't remove it from the very phone that you paid for.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

M100psi, we want to make sure all of your questions are answered.  The VZW branded billing features that are not supported on Open Development (OD) certified Open Market smartphones are:

• Visual Voicemail (VVM)
    • LTE Video Calling
    • Enhanced Address Book
    • VoWiFi (WiFi calling)
    • Family Base
    • Family Locator

Sean_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

OldPhoneDude

WiFi calling works on my Samsung sourced S9, but not video calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KerryC_VZW Hello, we are here to help in any way we can. Please send us a Private Note to continue.

0 Likes