Verizon update NC5 has screwed up my S4
zedhead
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently allowed a Verizon update to NC5 and now my phone locks up constantly, randomly reboots, etc.

I can't make 3 phone calls in a row, without a reboot!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon update NC5 has screwed up my S4
zedhead
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried your suggestion. The only way to get a fully functional phone again was a complete wipe. Backup and restore was the only solution that worked. 2 hrs of screwing around to get my apps reloaded, shortcuts, ect.

NICE WORK Verizon!!! Great update!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zedhead,

Help has arrived! I would recommend running the device on safe mode and testing it out to see if this helps resolve the issue temporarily. To place your device in safe mode...

1.) With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until the "Samsung Galaxy S® 4 mini" screen appears then release.
2.) With "Samsung Galaxy S® 4 mini" still on-screen, press and hold the Volume Down button (located on the left edge).
3.)

Continue to hold the Volume Down button until "Safe mode" appears in the lower left of the unlock screen then release.
(This may take up to 30 seconds.)

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CAL926
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you positive you're on NC5 and not NG6? NG6 is the latest build Verizon has pushed.

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
zedhead
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried your suggestion. The only way to get a fully functional phone again was a complete wipe. Backup and restore was the only solution that worked. 2 hrs of screwing around to get my apps reloaded, shortcuts, ect.

NICE WORK Verizon!!! Great update!

0 Likes