Verizon support and protection "Device software modified" warning
AAparicio

I wasn’t on my phone when the Verizon support and protection app notification came up and said "Device software modified" warning that says my "device may be at risk". The "Learn More" link just takes you to a Verizon support page that says this could not be found. A scan reveals no threats.... so what does this warning mean? I am not sure what is going on? I am current on software it was G935VVRS2APF2?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon support and protection "Device software modified" warning
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AAparicio, I see hoe that would be concerning for you. You can receive that alert after changing certain settings or downloading software modifying apps. What changes have you recently made to your phone?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AAparicio

I haven't changed any settings and feel like since I have gotten this phone it has been nothing but trouble as none of problems have been resoloved even with a new "refurbished" phone...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for getting back to us AAparicio. We never want you to feel that way. We want you love your device.Let's run a mobile diagnostic and see what could be causing this. Please reply to our private message.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AAparicio

Hi there Joel,

I am home now and run a side by side by chatting but I have no other phone

until my husband gets home.

On Friday, July 29, 2016, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes