Verizon is the 4.3 update causing problems with my phone because my phone is having problems
andyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having multiple problems with my GS3 since the 4.3 update including wifi connection issues dropped and frozen calls frequent unmounting of my sd card bluetooth problems to site the worst. I have updated and reset my router checked and reset my phone settings multiple times taken my baterry out of my phone 2 a day on average turned my phone off multiple times a day to reset it. I am now wondering what will fix all these problems because nothing i have read from your forums has done anything, how much longer do i have to pay full monthly prices for services i can no longer full monthly access?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon is the 4.3 update causing problems with my phone because my phone is having problems
Not applicable

Your phone is a mini computer, no matter what os it runs.  

Software updates from various developers , patch and patch again.  Adding to the original App software already on your device.  Not only do updates apps take up more room on your device with each update, but imperfect updates and the communication with other services on your phone lead to many software "glitches".   When there are major software errors, the best remedy is to clean it out and start it fresh.

It is recommended for Apple devices suffering from battery life problems, app crashes, lack of device storage and other issues after the iOS 7 update.

Android devices are no different.

It is drastic, but sometimes unavoidable.   Don't forget to back up any information that is unique to the device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon is the 4.3 update causing problems with my phone because my phone is having problems
campion

A lot of these messages sound familiar.  phone acting weird.  unstable. apps don't work. camera doesn't work.  phone locks up and is slow. wtf

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have the same phone and have none of these issues.   Some kind of defect is software or hardware is causing the problem.   .   If all apps are up to date, the only thing left is to backup and restore the phone.

Carefully save your information with a backup

Reset the phone to factory.   Set up as a new device.

0 Likes
andyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

why would you recommend a factory reset, how will that help with an os related problem.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your phone is a mini computer, no matter what os it runs.  

Software updates from various developers , patch and patch again.  Adding to the original App software already on your device.  Not only do updates apps take up more room on your device with each update, but imperfect updates and the communication with other services on your phone lead to many software "glitches".   When there are major software errors, the best remedy is to clean it out and start it fresh.

It is recommended for Apple devices suffering from battery life problems, app crashes, lack of device storage and other issues after the iOS 7 update.

Android devices are no different.

It is drastic, but sometimes unavoidable.   Don't forget to back up any information that is unique to the device.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Campion, We do want to make sure all is working properly on your device. Is everything ok with your device? For additional trouble shooting steps, click here http://vz.to/1lkYZMH

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
andyama
Enthusiast - Level 2

why are you suggesting that i hard reset my device, the problems are documented 4.3 OS problems and a factory reset will not affect the OS ROM. so since you seem to know how to fix my phone please offer a better solution because the hard reset i did just gave me a clean phone that continues to have battery charge and discharge problems, bluetooth connection problems, wifi connection problems, sd card dismounted a month ago so guess that doesn't count, phone routinely freezes requiring battery removal to fix, phone freezes receiving calls phone freezes hanging up calls, and maybe more i gave up trying to use my phone for anything important a month ago. but if you have any suggestions beyond factory reset and my apps causing problems with my phone please send it, otherwise read the thousands of posts related to 4.3 update related problems.