Verizon Wireless 4G LTE...is there a problem or is it just absolutely misleading?
jre422
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my area, I usually have a steady 4G LTE connection, however...upon opening any application that requires an internet/data connection or just a web browser the signal either suddenly drops, or just doesn't respond at all. 

For example...I had a steady 2 bar 4G LTE connection at my gym today, but when I opened up a web browser nothing would load...I tried several over apps and got the same result.  Network error, could not connect,  could not refresh.  etc.  I thought it was odd, so I decided to do a speedtest.  Here are the results.Verizon 4G LTE.png

Notice that the test is not complete.  That is because the signal kept dropping (meanwhile the 4G LTE connection remained on).  I have tried to run the test over 20 times, and this is as far as I could get.  I have tried taking out the battery/SIM card.  No improvements.  I thought it could be my phone's antennae but my friend was experiencing the same issue. 

I have to deal with this on a daily basis, which renders the phone useless and/or incredibly frustrating to use outside of Wi-Fi areas.

Can someone please explain to me what the heck is going on here?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless 4G LTE...is there a problem or is it just absolutely misleading?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model do you have?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless 4G LTE...is there a problem or is it just absolutely misleading?
jre422
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB (SCH-I535)

0 Likes
Not applicable

Something definitely wrong.  Here's my Razr Maxx.

2013-05-31 14.19.46.png

0 Likes
AMOSBY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same problem. Started yesterday morning. Connection would go from 4g > nothing > to 3G for a long time > back to 4G. Still seeing a lot of 3G today. I downloaded the Samsung Apps application and it failed 3 times because of the connection timing out. I also have the S3 and it was updated a few days ago.

0 Likes
anonymouslurker
Contributor - Level 1

I wouldn't take Speedtest's results seriously especially on the mobile app. For example when on wi-fi it says I'm getting over 6 Mbps upload. Sorry the upload via my ISP is capped at 4 Mbps. And when I do the same test on my PC is show just that.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I don't know how accurate it is.  I can test 5 times in a row and get 5 very different answers.  That's not the point.  Look at his numbers compared to mine.  There is something definitely wrong with his phone, his signal, or his reception.  Also, I check mine from time to time on 4G and WIFI.  The answers are reasonably correct.

0 Likes
anonymouslurker
Contributor - Level 1

Horses 547 wrote:

I don't know how accurate it is.  I can test 5 times in a row and get 5 very different answers.  That's not the point.  Look at his numbers compared to mine.  There is something definitely wrong with his phone, his signal, or his reception. 

Perhaps his area has a lot of congestion.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes, all those ****** unlimited data people watching Netflix.

>> profanity removed <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
jre422
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't matter.  The speedtest only confirmed that there is a problem with the connection when I could not inexplicably connect to the internet even though 4G was on. (and this is not a single occurrence.  it is daily.)

0 Likes