Verizon Updated Deleted everything from SD CARD
norcalmotocross
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife updated her phone this morning when it prompted her to, it shows as update_SM-G900V_NCG_to_NEW9.  All photos are gone.  I noticed that the SD card was not mounted and thats where the photos are set to go.  I tried to mount the SD card and it says sd card is blank or has unsupported filesystem.  I tried the SD card in an external reader and on an S4.  Still cant read it

Anyone else have this problem?  Have you been able to recover.  Unfortunately it was not set to auto backup to Google so now all of her photos appear gone.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Updated Deleted everything from SD CARD
bearone21
Legend

the sd card's bad....i've had several different cards fail over time.

the s5 didn't come with a card, you provided it.

0 Likes
norcalmotocross
Enthusiast - Level 2

It seems highly suspect that it would corrupt during the update just out of the blue.  The card has been running fine.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

cards can be running fine & fail.

0 Likes
leila81

Have the same problem, if you take the SDcard out when the phone is on it tells you that the card is removed, but when you stick it back in, it has no idea its there.  I'm just happy that my pictures were backed up in the cloud, hopefully yours were as well.  But on top of the SDcard no longer working, my phone turns itself on and off by itself, along with some of apps just being deleted.  And all of these problems happened after I updated the phone, so I've been without a phone since Sunday.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

How to Bypass the SD Card Restrictions in Android 4.4 KitKat on Your Galaxy S4 « Samsung GS4

The KK update changed the way apps access the SD card. There are programs that fix this behavior, but you have to have a rooted device to use them. That's a problem since rooting voids your warranty.

Ouch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Leila81,

That's not good! Has there been any liquid or physical damage to the device? Are you using the original charger for the device? Does the device turn off while in a particular application?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

moabutman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine did the exact same thing. Card was damaged beyond usability. Verizon doesn't know what to do and they are giving me a certified replacement. That usually means I'll be replacing 3 or 4 before this is over!

My wife updated her S5 after removing the SD card and she didn't have any problems with hers.

No liquid, dirt, moisture, smoke, anything. I did the update in a dry clean area. Lost everything on the card. It wasn't readable on computer or phone.

0 Likes
ceharley

I have the exact same problem and my mothers phone did the same thing as well. I happened when it updated last!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret to hear the precious data has gone missing as I know how important those memories and files can be, ceharley. Did this also affect an SD card? If so, hve you tried to read the card via a separate  phone or computer? What is the current system version found via Settings>About Phone?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes