Verizon Messaging setup shows incorrect phone number
Rochelle11
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone was stolen and locked and I received a new S8 to replace it. When setting up Verizon Messaging that came installed on the phone it is showing my phone number as 000-00-000 and it will not let me change it to my correct phone number. I have searched everywhere on the phone to make a correction to the phone number to no avail. My contacts downloaded to the phone using my gmail address but I cannot fix the issue with Verizon messaging nor can I make or receive any phone calls. When I try to call it tells me I have to setup a prepaid account even though my bill is paid up. It looks like my phone number is not assigned to this replacement phone. Solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Messaging setup shows incorrect phone number
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our messaging app is a great tool. We can perform some troubleshooting steps. Have you cleared the app's history, or powered the device off, removed and reseated the SIM Card, then tested service?

CraigS_VZW

0 Likes
Rochelle11
Enthusiast - Level 1

The solution was that the phone had to be remotely activated by me contacting asurion, the insurance company that sent the replacement phone and they had to complete the activation of the phone.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Rochelle11 wrote:

The solution was that the phone had to be remotely activated by me contacting asurion, the insurance company that sent the replacement phone and they had to complete the activation of the phone.

Good that you found the solution (even on your own).  If satisfied, you might mark the thread ANSWERED.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes