Verizon Edge Program
Mrs_Hooks

I have been a customer of Verizon's since 1992. At this time and over the last 11 years my account has not had less that 4 active lines at any given time. I also need to mention that I pay my bill, sometimes making arrangements 3-4 times a month. Let me repeat, Verizon is getting 3-4 payments a month with each payment ranging from $150.00 to $300.00.

This past Saturday my husband paid $200.00, on Sunday I scheduled a payment for $300.00 and yesterday my daughter paid 266.55 on our account. Monday morning after paying $500.00 I woke to my service being suspended. So at 7:00AM I called Verizon who's representative told me that their was a glich in their system where it did not acknowledge my second payment so my services was suspended. 

Yesterday I call Verizon because my daughter was having issues with her phone so we decided to call Verizon and get her (Iphone) and myself a new phone (Galaxy Note 3) through the Edge Program. How about Verizon told me that (BTA) Bill to Account was suspend on my account because my service was suspended the day before. Four calls yesterday and 24 hours later Verizon is telling me they can make me an offer, of course I want to hear this.

You paid us $200.00 on Saturday, $300.00 on Sunday, $266.55 on Tuesday plus my daughter paid another $140.00 just so she could have a phone. So the offer we have for you is, if you trade in your Galaxy S4 we will give you $165.00 as a trade, $300.00 coupon and you pay $234.00 for the Galaxy Note 3. My response was, that's your offer? Aside from the $906.00 Verizon got in the last 4 days, pay us another $234.00 and you can have the phone you want O_o, really dude! So that means in the last now 5 days Verizon would have gotten $1140.00 because a glich in their system did not acknowledge my payment and my services was suspended. So after 11 years of loyalty and payments 3-4 times a month my account is not eligible for the Edge Program. If I didn't know it 11 years ago, I know it now. Verizon only has loyalty to itself, keep feeding me your money and I will (removed) on you in the end.

The True Meaning of Loyalty and Customer Service

Although customer loyalty is often achieved through offers, discount coupons,
rebates and other kinds of rewards, long-term customer loyalty can only be
created by making your customers feel that they are your number one priority.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Edge Program
Klue
Master - Level 1

Just an obsevation from reading your post

Point 1.  The 906.00 dollars you paid VZW was money owed for prior service and was paid late because you mentioned service suspension on one of your lines.

Point 2.  You have a very iffy payment plan at best where a number of people are making different payments at different times. I would guess that over time the ontime payment history is not perfect.

Point 3. The prior moneys paid that you owed should have nothing to do with renegoiating a new contract and a new phone. What did you think VZW sould have done, forgive the payments because of your perceived customer loyalty.

Point 4. You were probably denied the Edge program because of iffy and unusually payment practices of the past.

Point 5.  To build customer confidence with VZW, make only one payment per month and pay it in full. Make sure it arrives on time.  Do not wait until the due date to pay it, pay it early all the time.  Being a customer of VZW for 11 years is not the only think they look at before offering you a contract.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mrs.Hooks wrote:

I have been a customer of Verizon's since 1992. At this time and over the last 11 years my account has not had less that 4 active lines at any given time. I also need to mention that I pay my bill, sometimes making arrangements 3-4 times a month. Let me repeat, Verizon is getting 3-4 payments a month with each payment ranging from $150.00 to $300.00.

Do those payments pay the bill in full by the due date?  When you say you "make arrangements" - that implies that part of the payments are being. made AFTER the due date.  Is there a reason why the full payment cannot be made at one time, before the due date?  Managing multiple payments each month, to me, would be a nightmare.

As said: "make only one payment per month and pay it in full. Make sure it arrives on time.  Do not wait until the due date to pay it, pay it early all the time"

That's the best advice I can offer as well.

0 Likes
Mrs_Hooks

To answer your question you need to be completely informed. People are allowed to pay their bills as they see fit based on their pay cycles. My other 'major' bills are paid the sameway with no issues so paying in full and or ontime is not the issue here.

0 Likes
Mrs_Hooks

Just an obsevation from reading your comments

Point 1.  The 906.00 dollars you paid VZW was money owed for prior service and was paid late because you mentioned service suspension on one of your lines. - The issue was determined to be a Verizon issue and NOT my issue which I was compensated for due to the fact that my payment was in the Verizon system.

Point 2.  You have a very iffy payment plan at best where a number of people are making different payments at different times. I would guess that over time the ontime payment history is not perfect.- Doesn't matter who makes the payment or how, Verizon's system should recognize the payment exists and perform accordingly.

Point 3. The prior moneys paid that you owed should have nothing to do with renegoiating a new contract and a new phone. What did you think VZW sould have done, forgive the payments because of your perceived customer loyalty. *- Never once did I imply that I wanted any payments forging, and snce you are 'perceiving' the situation and speaking out the side of your neck,  check with Mr. Mead, his take on this is a lot different than your's. You may just learn something!!

Point 4. You were probably denied the Edge program because of iffy and unusually payment practices of the past. Again, check with Mr. Mead, his take on this is a lot different than your's again since I was compensated for this whole issue!!

Point 5.  To build customer confidence with VZW, make only one payment per month and pay it in full. Make sure it arrives on time.  Do not wait until the due date to pay it, pay it early all the time.  Being a customer of VZW for 11 years is not the only think they look at before offering you a contract. Me being with Verizon for 11 years and paying my bill is the only customer confidence I continue to build. Since you have never walked a mile in my shoes and unless your life is perfect what gives you the right to tell me how to pay my bills? I feed off self-righteous comments such as your's and that is the reason I was compensated more than you maybe aware of.

0 Likes