Verizon Cloud only restores 9% of Messages
judgedoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having an issue where a Galaxy SIII will show 11894 Messages in the Content Restore of Verizon Cloud. However, when the Restore is initiated, it only restores about the first 1109 messages, or about 9%. When it reaches that point, the progress bar jumps to 100% complete and indicates the Restore is complete. That's not true, however, as it is missing the remaining 10700 or so messages. It restores the oldest messages up til about mid September 2013, so the end of 2013, all of 2014, and beginning of 2015 are not restored to the phone.

I tried calling tech support and they did not understand what I was talking about, and told me I need to upgrade my Cloud storage. However, the Cloud setting screen shows only 1.4 gigs out of 5 gigs used.

I have attempted the restore over 4G as well as over Wi-Fi. I have done all updates and tried it again. I've tried it about a dozen different times but each time it only restores the first 9%.

Is there anyone that can help me with this? There are some vitally important messages that need to be restored.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Cloud only restores 9% of Messages
judgedoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thankfully my message worked it's way up the ladder, and I have been working with high level Verizon tech support and the developers of the application for the last few weeks. They have been providing new debug versions of the apk and I have been providing screenshots and logs. They hope to have it fixed soon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with your Cloud judgedoug. Have you attempted to delete some of the old text threads you no longer need? This may help.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
judgedoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was restoring to a brand new Galaxy SIII. There were zero messages stored on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi judgedoug!

Let's get your messages backed up! Sorry you're having issues with this. Please try again and see if that works. You also have the option of Verizon Messages http://vz.to/1weyUqh You also have the option of checking the Play Store for applications that back up your messages.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having this same problem for a few months now. I keep trying different things. Unfortunately, I think you're going to have to wait until the developers make the app not suck anymore.

0 Likes
judgedoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thankfully my message worked it's way up the ladder, and I have been working with high level Verizon tech support and the developers of the application for the last few weeks. They have been providing new debug versions of the apk and I have been providing screenshots and logs. They hope to have it fixed soon.

0 Likes
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cool. I went through a similar process, but it was not quite as rigorous. Please comment back here if they ever get it figured out.

0 Likes
num1baby
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. It also happened the last time I used restore a few months ago, but those lost messages weren't as important as the messages I lost this time.

Please keep us updated on the fix. Thanks.

0 Likes
Need4Speed
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife is having this same issue with her replacement phone and attempting to restore 8000+ messages. The restore will continually show completed after getting around 1400 - 1500 messages and then just gives up. I've tried everything to no avail. Would like to see this resolved soon.

0 Likes
judgedoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everyone,

I have worked with Verizon support and with the developers and as of yesterday I was able to restore all of my messages. I asked them to check in on this thread to see if they can help you all as well.