Re: Verizon Cloud only restores 9% of Messages
BrandonWernette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Dev People,

I am still having this problem. I would love to be walked through jugedoug's solution.

0 Likes
jollsballs

Hey, I've been trying tirelessly to restore my message from cloud and I am having the issue you had. I have tried multiple times to fix it with the directions you sent and it still does the same thing where it says the content was restored but nothing shows up. Any other tips you have? Verizon tech support has been zero help. Thanks

0 Likes
MibuNoOkami

I have been having this issue as well, and it is very frustrating.  I backed up my messages and call history to Verizon Cloud before doing a factory restore on my phone (LG G2).  When I reinstalled and updated the Verizon Cloud app I was able to restore my photos and contacts with no issue.  However, when I try to restore my message and call history, it runs for a few seconds an only restores a handful of messages and calls from early 2014.  The app says I have 800 messages and 500 calls backed up, but it is only grabbing a few from a year ago.

I have now also turned off the back-up function for messages and calls because I don't want my "empty" phone to overwrite what the cloud has.  I know they are there, now help me get them back please!

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

I use an app called SMS Backup and Restore from the Google Play store. It will back up my SMS messages and email them to me before I do a reset on my phone, then I can just pull the file from my email and restore it all. Been using it for a few years across about six different devices, and it hasn't failed me yet.

0 Likes
judgedoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey everyone,

this is the final set of instructions from higher-tier tech support. Please note that I was working with higher level tech support as well as the app developer specifically with my account, so I am not sure this will work for everyone.

Update Verizon Cloud to the latest version available on the Google Play Store, currently version 14.3.34.

Open Cloud > Tap Horizontal 3 bars on top left > Tap Settings > Tap “What to back up” > remove checkmark for “Messages” > Tap OK.

Finally, please verify that SMS limits is disabled (IMPORTANT; in your Messenger settings)

Please do not re-add checkmark for Messages in “What to back up”. This can cause loss of data.

Please re-test restoring your messages.  Please do NOT re-enable syncing of Messages under “What to Back Up” until after everything has been restored successfully.

jollsballs

Still can't get it to work

0 Likes
judgedoug
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, as I said they were specifically working with my account... your best bet is to file a new support case and ask for higher level support specifically for the Verizon Cloud restoring messages bug.

0 Likes
e-ec-ecu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Solution for me:

I had a similar issue this week when I got the new Galaxy S6 Edge.  Cloud would only restore about 345 out of 5500 messages and then it would show "Restore Complete".  But, MANY MANY messages were missing.

Well, I contacted tech support and got forwarded to tech 2 and higher support.  After a few calls back and forth I got a resolution.  It appears the vendor of the Verizon Cloud (not made by Verizon) needed to make some changes.  The update was applied to their Cloud App on Google Play Store this morning (15 April 2015) ... but runs on the same version as prior.

Anyway, try this!

(Do this on Wi-Fi because if it hiccups, the Restore will fail)

1.  Go in to your Settings -> Applications -> Application Manager

2.  Find "Cloud" (It is not called "Verizon Cloud).  Tap "Cloud".

3.  Inside "Cloud" click on "Force Stop".

4.  Once that is done, click on "Clear Data".

5.  Now, go into the "Play Store" and search for "Cloud" and tap the Verizon Cloud.

6.  It should show that it is "Installed" and you can click "Uninstall" or "Update" (Can't remember).

7.  Either way, click "Uninstall"

8.  Once the Uninstallation is complete, find it again in the "Play Store" and "Install".

9.  After you install it, if you have the option to 'Update", go ahead and update.

10.  Once it is completely installed, open it and configure it again.

11.  Try the restore again!