Verizon Call Filter?
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently updated my S8 to Android pie and now have a Verizon Call Filter app. I read that this app would be free to all customers starting in March. When I launch the app, it doesn't seem to do anything except ask me to pay 2.99 for features. Am I missing something?

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Call Filter?
dougesplin
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as I can tell, the new version is not available even though Verizon has been advertising it for several months. Check the version on you app. I'll bet it is version 9.3.something. The FAQ says you have to have version 9.4 or better. But it is not to be found anywhere.

0 Likes
Jacooper01

These are legitimate questions...

Your app is out of date. You need to update the app and then you can get the call filtering for free. The subscription provides caller id for most calls that do not have a caller ID of their own and are not in your contacts. 

There is quite an expense to providing that information. 

I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Cchu
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Jacooper01 wrote:

You need to update the app

Verizon needs to update the app ; it's not available except for very few devices.

Maybe next month. <sigh> 

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks all...I do have version 9.3. I visited Google Play several times and tried to update Call Filter...it is hard to get to, but I found a link to it. However, it says Your device isn't compatible with this version.

So the service promised for March, which the press gave Verizon so much press about, isn't really available to all.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@StevieD2 wrote:

Thanks all...I do have version 9.3. I visited Google Play several times and tried to update Call Filter...it is hard to get to, but I found a link to it. However, it says Your device isn't compatible with this version.

So the service promised for March, which the press gave Verizon so much press about, isn't really available to all.

They said they would start rolling it out in march.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StevieD2,

Our new Call Filter application is here, and it's amazing! I'm sorry to learn of any confusion with it, and I assure you that I can help. Call Filter includes spam block, spam detection, caller details, and more. If you have an iPhone, you can download it directly from the App Store. If you have an Android, it will already be located in your list of applications. Two different options are available to you, one being free. The other includes more features, and is $2.99 each month (you get a free 10-day trial period, though). The $2.99 option does include Caller ID for all calls. Check out all the details here: http://spr.ly/6607EezS9 Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
StevieD2
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

StevieD2,

Our new Call Filter application is here, and it's amazing! I'm sorry to learn of any confusion with it, and I assure you that I can help. Call Filter includes spam block, spam detection, caller details, and more. If you have an iPhone, you can download it directly from the App Store. If you have an Android, it will already be located in your list of applications. Two different options are available to you, one being free. The other includes more features, and is $2.99 each month (you get a free 10-day trial period, though). The $2.99 option does include Caller ID for all calls. Check out all the details here: http://spr.ly/6607EezS9 Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

ChristinaB_VZW

Thanks Christina. Through the link you sent, I was able to enroll into "Call Filter Free". It wasn't easy, as that link required me to enter my number and password to login, when I have the Verizon Up App on my phone. Don't know if I could have just enrolled with Verizon Up. Anyway, if I go into Verizon Up, I do see my line is enrolled. If I click on add-ons/manage, I see that Call Filter Free gives me Spam Detection, Spam Filter and Report Numbers features.  For an extra 2.99 per month, I would get Caller ID, Block List, Add Spam Numbers and Risk Meter.

If I launch the Call Filter App on my phone, however, it says on top Spam & Blocked...then it has two options...Block Calls and Detect Spam...click on either and it tells me I need to subscribe and pay 2.99. This is very confusing, as Call Filter Free is supposed to do those for free.

This is the single most confusing app/service I have ever encountered. Waiting for a call to see if it even is working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

StevieD2,

I am very sorry to hear that there has been confusion with the Call Filter app. We don't want there to be any difficulty, as this was meant to make your life easier by slowing down unwanted calls.

The good news is that we do have a helpful user guide, which can be found here: http://spr.ly/6605EeunD

Does this help?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes