Verizon 4.4.4 Update Failing
GrantgChandler

Whenever I try to install the 4.4.4 update, my S5 will enter reprogramming "Installing system update...," churn for a couple of minutes, status goes up to ~20%, displays "Error," restarts and gives an update failed message:  "Software update unsuccessful...sorry there was a problem updating your SAMSUNG SM-G900V.  No changes were made."  Update history says NE9 to NI2 failed, 402....

I've tried wiping cache partition and trying the update in safe mode.  No difference. Trying to avoid a factory reset, especially since I've also read a little that that doesn't seem to make a difference anyway. Stock phone.  Any other suggestions on the culprit?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon 4.4.4 Update Failing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GrantgChandler,

We want software update installations to be easy! It saddens me to hear that this is not occuring. What is the current software version on your GS5? Go to settings>about phone>bulid number & software version. Have you tried using the Samsung Software Update Assistant? Click here instructions http://vz.to/1yKsZfa .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi GrantgChandler,

We want software update installations to be easy! It saddens me to hear that this is not occuring. What is the current software version on your GS5? Go to settings>about phone>bulid number & software version. Have you tried using the Samsung Software Update Assistant? Click here instructions http://vz.to/1yKsZfa .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
GrantgChandler

Android version:  4.4.2

Build number:  KOT49H.G900VVRU1ANE9

Security software version:

MDF v1.0 R3

VPN v1.4 R1

I haven't tried the update assistant. I will try that when I can.

0 Likes
hand2u

I have same issue... never did fully load up. I'm having Bluetooth issues now. Of course your page doesn't work.... help!

0 Likes
Hurdlegurl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here, I cannot get my phone to update from version 4.4.2. Not sure if I want to after reading issues with battery and overheating with 4.4.4. I am prompted everyday to upgrade and everytime it fails. I've tried doing it from my computer as well and no luck. PLEASE HELP. Phone seems slower, sometimes the sensor on my wallet case seems to not be working and the screen won't turn on when i open the wallet, so many issues that I was hoping would be fixed with an update. WHERE IS THE HELP FROM VERIZON???

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Once upon a time long long ago a big company would help their customers and then the dark day of profits and share-holders came and all help was ended.

0 Likes
GrantgChandler

Running the Verizon update assistant still failed. However, running the repair assistant worked. It wiped my phone, so I had to deal with that, but I was able to upgrade to 4.4.4.

0 Likes
vibrant2001
Enthusiast - Level 2

HAving the same issue.  And the link provided by the Verizon employee does not work.  Does anyone have any insight on how to get this to work?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you having this software update for your phone vibrant2001. The link is for the update, steps, and information regarding the update. Here is the link again http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/system_update/galaxy-s5.html . Please keep us posted.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes