VZW msg re the Email app on my phone
Texana1

Received supposed VZW message saying the email app on my SIII will "not be available after March 16." Is this legit?

0 Likes
Re: VZW msg re the Email app on my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taxana1, we want you to be able to retrieve your emails when you need to. Let’s look at this more to find out what is going on with the email app. What email application are you using? When did you receive this notification?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MDunigan

I also received a similar email and txt message.  I would like some additional information on what is happening and I have not yet been able to find it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MDunigan We will definitely look into what is going on for you. Please share a few details so we can figure out what is happening. What messages are you receiving? When did this start? Is this is reference to an app you are using?
DeloresK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bapuuuu

I too received an email from Verizon about a week or so ago which stated the following:Your email app won't be business as usual anymore.  As of March 16, 2016 the email app on your device may no longer be able to send and receive messages.  There are steps you can take to see if your device is impacted. 

The message continues from there.  It does not tell you how to find out if your phone is impacted by this supposed change.

I have three phones on my plan.  Which one are they talking about?  Are they all effected?  What do I need to do?  Is this just a means of getting me to upgrade one of my phones? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Email is one of the most popular ways to communicate Bapuuuu. We want to ensure that you will continue to enjoy your email service. May I ask what model device do you have? What type of email service do you have? For example, is it work, personal, school, etc?

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
Bapuuuu

I have three devices on my plan, a Samsung Galaxy SIII, Samsung Galaxy S5 and an LG Exalt.  All are used for personal email by the three users.  We use AOL primarily and Gmail is secondary.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bapuuuu,

Let’s make sure we’re on the same page about this email you received. Making sure you can continue enjoying your email service on your phone is key. Thank you for these details. Did this letter come directly from Verizon Wireless? You say that it provides other details. Does it say that a particular email service will be affected? What does the other part of the letter describe?

AliciaS_VZW

0 Likes
Bapuuuu

Sorry for the condition but I am attaching the actual printout of the email.Scan0001.jpg

0 Likes
Bapuuuu

I hope this answers any questions you may have so that we can straighten out this problem.

0 Likes