VRUDMI1 Installed and now Verizon is sending me a new phone
gbalko

Installed VRUDMI1 Update OTA on October 18th...No error at the time of install was reported... Immediately the first Issued i encounterd was after a screen time out the phone refused to "wake" back up and all hard key functions were uresponsive...at some point the phone decides to unbrick itself and come back to life.....Second problem is wifi totally drops off ...and the phone resorts to 4g...In settings the wifi is on but the phone fails to recognize any SSIDs.

After several calls with verizon technical support the phone was factory reset ...No Solution

After going to a samsung total experience center ... Total Dissapointment.

Install this update at your own risk

0 Likes
Re: VRUDMI1 Installed and now Verizon is sending me a new phone
Klue
Master - Level 1

I looked at what this update is susposed to accomplish and there is not enough there to warrant downloading this especially since my phone is working exactly the way I want it to.  I will wait for 4.3.

0 Likes
gbalko

Yeah Live and learn I guess... I wont be searving as a field tester for faulty code anymore

0 Likes
BRICK_D
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here.... new phone is due to arrive tomorrow.  What makes me mad is that I paid for a new phone, but will surely receive a refurb despite this being an issue caused by Verizon.  In addition to this post, I am aware of one other person who has had a similar experience with the update-of-death.  How widespread is this issues?  Post a reply if you have the same issue, have updated information, or have had any success at a resolution.  Has anyone applied the update with success after having received a replacement phone?  I see no acknowledgment by Verizon, who should pull the update until the issues are resolved.  If you are lucky you will get a replacement before stock is gone due to high volume returns.  Or, they could just join the rest of the free world and finally release the 4.3 update instead of this incremental junk.  So much for the fun of opening the box of a brand new phone.... I now get to join the league of refurb victims.  If I'm lucky the "new one" won't overheat.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not having issues with this update on the S4 I use.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes