VERY BUGGY - random texts, smartlock doesn't work, wifi discos
Droid4UserMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

REALLY Regretting buying Samsung S7. Smart Lock trusted device setting doesn't do a thing - I get in my car, unlock the screen, and within minutes, the screen locks again.  I have to enter the PIN every time.  I can't turn the PIN completely off due to my corporate email settings. The phone is randomly TEXTING people, and it doesn't show up in my Messaging screen at all, so the only way I know it's happening is the person texts me back and says "huh?"  To which I cleverly reply "huh?" and then I find out they got some random weird text message from me - that they are REPLYING to, but I didn't send it and it's not on my phone.  So where did that come from?!

WiFi keeps disconnecting - I'll go somewhere, connect, and within a few minutes, I'm disconnected again. And I had a bear of a time getting my saved content downloaded from the Cloud - not all of which has restored to my phone.  It took hours just to get some of it to finally download - not that it took forever to download, it took hours just to get it to _start_ downloading. I gave up on the rest.

Now I find out the "free Gear" promotion was [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  - Verizon doesn't send that to you. You have to go to Samsung directly and ask them to send it to you, after you purchase the S7.  I bought this phone through the website and the promotion was printed all over the place.  It did not emphasize that Verizon wasn't going to send me the Gear, that I had to go to a 3rd party for that.

I feel very let down. The whole experience has been terrible.  I want my Motorola back.

0 Likes
Re: VERY BUGGY - random texts, smartlock doesn't work, wifi discos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Droid4UserMD,

These are not the issues you should be having with a new phone. Let's look into this more. Did this occur as soon as you got your new phone or was this after an update? Are all of your applications up to date?

0 Likes
Droid4UserMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi.  I just realized you responded - thank you.  All of the above described issues have been going on since I got the phone.  The system update installed and I've noticed no improvement.  All the applications are up to date - I have updates run automatically whenever I'm connected to wifi.  Here's what I'd like repaired please:

1. I want my text messages read out loud and verbal response prompts when I drive - that's not happening at all.
  2. I want the device to unlock and _stay unlocked_ when I'm connected to a trusted device (like my car). Smart Lock is supposed to achieve this, but doesn't work.
  3. I want to be able to answer calls by saying "answer" - doesn't happen.  I have to manually answer. 
  4. I want verbal commands to work properly - they just about never work.  Saying "OK Google Now" doesn't work more often then not, and then when it does, it will often near-instantly say "I didn't get that. Let's talk later". If I _do_ get it to message someone for me, it will say "here's your message. Do you want to send it?", I'll say "send", but then it won't. 
  5. I want to be able to make a call and have it connect and be able to speak to the other party - at least a couple times a week, it will connect, but the other person can't hear me, I can't hear them, and I can't hang up - the screen freezes.  I have to hold the power button down until the phone turns off, then turn it back on, and then call the person again to get through. I'll be standing still, strong signal, calling someone on a landline and this happens.
  6. I want to be able to quickly mute and unmute my phone without having to unlock the phone every time.
  7. I want the wifi to stop disconnecting every few minutes, which is occurring in spite of having a strong signal.
  8. I want to know why random text messages are being sent that I don't see on my phone - I'n not sending them, but my contacts are getting them, and when they _respond_, I get their response but my initial _sent_ message never shows up on my phone - so they have to tell me what they got from me.
  9. I want my free Samsung Gear that was promised to me.  OR I want a credit applied to my Verizon account for the value. 
  10. If the above items can't be resolved, I want a _new_ (not refurbished) replacement Motorola DROID phone. I'm never buying a Samsung again.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is an update out now for the wifi connection issues.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Droid4UserMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

The update didn't fix one item on my long list of issues with this phone.  I hate this phone.  I'm extremely disappointed in Verizon's response to my numerous attempts to get support for this [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] device.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Droid4UserMD, I apologize that you are still having issues with your device and we understand how important updates are. Our goal is for you to have a working device and we certainly want to get this resolved for you. After the update was completed, did you back up your data and completed a factory data reset?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Droid4UserMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another system update was pushed overnight last night, which installed.  Problems remain - no change.  Why would I back up the data and then complete a factory data reset?  Wouldn't that undue all the updates, which means they'd all need to be re-installed again?  AND what would that have to do with the long list of issues I'm having with this  phone? Is backing up data and a factory reset going to fix the 10+ issues I've been reporting with this phone?

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Droid4UserMD

Let’s ensure your new Samsung Galaxy S7 is working as expected. First, I’d like to recommend removing your personal information from this public post for your privacy.

I understand you’re hesitant in performing a factory data reset on your device, but this step has been known to resolve a number of device software issues. However, prior to completing this step, have you tested your device with it powered up in Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1PIg13P? This will allow us to see if the issues are software or application related. Please keep me posted.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Droid4UserMD, we also like to keep you safe and secure and have removed that information from our forums. Thank you for reaching out and being the very best part of Verizon Wireless.
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes