Using it in Korea by changing SIM card
piggy1004

Hi~!!

I'm going to Korea for two weeks this winter, so I was considering either renting a phone or just the SIM card...

I've been looking around to see if I could still use my Galaxy 3 in Korea just by changing the card, but

I saw different answers all over the place... Can I just change the SIM card without unlocking the phone,

or do I have to request the code to Verizon or something??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using it in Korea by changing SIM card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Piggy1004,

I have to say that I'm envious of your upcoming trip. I'm positive it will be quite the experience.

I would like to advise that specific LTE devices are already unlocked for internation use. The Galaxy S3 happens to be one of them. An international SIM can be used with the device.

You also have the option of our Global plans as an alternative. You can check them out here. http://bit.ly/xZd3pS

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Piggy1004,

I have to say that I'm envious of your upcoming trip. I'm positive it will be quite the experience.

I would like to advise that specific LTE devices are already unlocked for internation use. The Galaxy S3 happens to be one of them. An international SIM can be used with the device.

You also have the option of our Global plans as an alternative. You can check them out here. http://bit.ly/xZd3pS

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CarlieC

If I were to get an s3 that has been unlocked for any sim carrier could i use it with verizon?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

CarlieC wrote:

If I were to get an s3 that has been unlocked for any sim carrier could i use it with verizon?

If you are referring to an international version designed for GSM networks, then the answer is NO. The radios in a GSM unlocked phone are not compatible with the network used by Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CarlieC

It was originally on a different carrier and they unlocked it so it would be able to work on t mobile, not an interanltional phone. Would it not work with verizon

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

CarlieC wrote:

It was originally on a different carrier and they unlocked it so it would be able to work on t mobile, not an interanltional phone. Would it not work with verizon

Still sounds like a GSM phone and still incompatible with the VZW CDMA network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes