Using WiFI to connect to devices such as cameras
chaztesq

I have a new nikon wifi camera and there is a great android app that enables my s4 to remote control the camera.  Only problem is that the camera acts as an access point to a network and while the rest of my android devices can connect and activate the camera the s4 seems to be testing the network for internet access and when it cant find it, reports the internet connectivity as poor and turns the connection off.  Testing wifi for reliable internet access seems like a good feature but with numerous wifi enabled devices working like the camera you would think there would be a way to turn off this check for certain connections.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using WiFI to connect to devices such as cameras
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try this and see if it works

Under settings>connections>wi-fi, press your 'wi-fi', then press settings again to bring up the advanced menu, select 'advanced', and uncheck 'AutoNetwork Switch'.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Try this and see if it works

Under settings>connections>wi-fi, press your 'wi-fi', then press settings again to bring up the advanced menu, select 'advanced', and uncheck 'AutoNetwork Switch'.

0 Likes
chaztesq

that solved it, just wish it would do that per connection because the feature is good but this makes it a complicated procedure to override for time you want to use wifi with devices.

0 Likes
chaztesq

Samsung couldn't figure that one out.

0 Likes